Other
Country
Col
State
Antioquia
City
Medellin
First of all, hello to all of you guys.

Well for about 3 month i have been having twitches all over my body without any cramps, but today i noticed something in pright pinky when i try to extend it, it slowly goes down like it didn't have any strength at all, also i tried making the heavy metal sign you know the one when your pinky is full extended an it begins to drop like i mentioned before, i have a neuro appointment in 2 weeks also the twitches on that hand are fast on the muscle behind the pinky twitched a lot for 1 month, i know these kind por questions are annoying to you guys, but i have read forums p anxiety and bfs and couldn't find about the pinky dropping, so i am very worried about ALS, and they look like it its getting curled, i am worried guys, thanks a lot for your time.

The pinky is the weakest finger for most people, and so problems with it can relate to keyboarding, gaming and much more. We would always advise that you see your primary physician, who can evaluate whether you have lost strength, which would be much different than twitches. The odds are very much in your favor that it is nothing like ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for the reply, my Neuro postponed my appointment for another 2 weeks, now I have noticed that when I close my three fingers of my right hand leaving the pinky and the thumb up the three fingers cant stay closed they kind of are lacking strength and weeks before they could, things seems to feel heavier with my right hand too.
also is not my intention to bother you all her but I have noticed the thenar of that hand getting thinner, I would like to know your opinion if I could be suffering muscle wasting, I am looking forward to my appointment. Thanks in advance

Ps. I leave a pic of my right thenar
f63cpmqp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Normal hand. No wasting. Pics never, ever show us anything. A doctor would need to see it up close and personal.

Chris, here is an important fact. In some diseases, there is wasting. In ALS, the atrophy/wasting is different. In ALS, a muscle atrophies because it has been unused, limp, useless, and not moving for some weeks or months.

Await your appointment. Do not think of ALS. This is certainly probably something completely different and treatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back