Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Quebec
City
Montreal
Hello - Thank you ahead of time for your guidance and opinions. I feel like I'm losing my mind. Last September, I started exhibiting classic MS symptoms (numbness, tingling, burning sensations, and very weak legs and arms). My symptoms have never gone away, just change every few weeks or so.

In November I had an MRI and it came back with 4 lesions, Cervical spinal stenosis and a bulging neck disc at c6.

I saw a Neurologist in Feb and he wouldn't do an EMG but did a NCS and my left toe was unresponsive to vibrations. I have a follow up apt at the very end of May to discuss ongoing symptoms. I also became pregnant in December and none of my symptoms have stopped which typically do with MS.

My legs have become so heavy in the past few weeks that I have a hard time getting up and my shoes are too heavy to wear. I have to take them off to go upstairs. I've also had non stop twitching in my calves (mostly right), and periodically in my arms, belly, throat, and other places since November.

I'm writing because of the continual twitching and weakness I've had but wanted to give background to the other symptoms. Thank you so much. I'm terrified and very depressed.

I forgot to mention that the 4 lesions found during my MRI were small, had no myelopathy and uncharacteristic of MS according to the radiologist/neurologist

Numbness, tingling, and burning are sensory symptoms and point away from ALS.

You mention that cervical spinal stenosis showed up on the MRI. This could account for many of your symptoms.

Work with your doctors. Your post does not suggest ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back