Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
West Midlands
City
Birmingham
Hi All. I'm only 18 but recently I've been experiencing twitching all over my body. It's random and happens everywhere, some days it's worse especially when i think about it and some days i hardly notice it. I was worried about my symptoms and googled them, i saw that it could be als.
Went to my doctor and told him my symptoms but he said give it a week or two and if the twitching doesn't stop then return. To be honest I'm very scared.
Recently i noticed that my left leg is, i wouldn't say weak but probably more sensitive than usual.
Thanks in advance. And good luck to anyone suffering from als.

Thank you that article was really helpful. I just have twitching and none of the other symptoms. that really calmed my nerves thank you and good luck to you.

symptom help

For a few weeks now I've been having body wide twitching, it started in my left hand but spread quickly to the rest of the body.
My left knee and foot feel weak but there's no loss in balance or affecting my walk. I get occasional pain in my knee. When i try to move my left toes for a few seconds i get a cramp at the bottom of my feet. It feels at times that there's an elastic band around my knees.
My left hand seems to be a bit slower. i get a burning feeling down my pinky and ringer finger all the way up to my elbow. When i tense my biceps i get a tingly feeling too.
Sharp pain In back with certain neck movements or deep breaths at times.
I also have this weird headache, feels like a pressure wrapped around at times an sometimes like an electric shock on my temple.
My right hand too is starting to get stiff. Typing is getting weird especially my left hand.
I was hoping if you guys could help me out with my symptoms. I've been do to my doctor and he made me have a blood test for calcium levels. Don't have the results yet.
Thanks in advance

Kindly stick to one thread. It says so in the sticky you said you read. That sticky also addresses the issue of feelings and pain not being presenting symptoms of ALS.

Please continue to work with your doctor but forget about ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back