Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SE
State
SE
City
Stockholm
Hi everyone, first of all I want to say to those of you who are diagnosed or are caring for someone who is, you are fantastic. Your knowledge and experience are helping a lot of people cope with various issues.

Now to my concern. For a week or so, I have been experiencing fasciculations of a random nature in my legs. It is like popcorn underneath the skin; one here, one there.

Never large areas, just multiple small areas in a random manner. I feel them and see them. Twitches affect both legs but slightly more so the right one, they cover the entire legs but have a preference for calf muscles. Legs feel slightly week and crampy, and there is a weird feeling when walking.

I am quite concerned about this, and it did not exactly help when, while searching for these symptoms to see if there was already something posted about this, I found an earlier post by someone who described basically the exact same symptoms.

In another post some time later, he wrote that he had been diagnosed with ALS.

So I am prepared that this could indeed be ALS, but what do you think the chances are that it could be something similair but not necessarily ALS? I don't know much about these things, but I think I've read somewhere that there are other diseases of the same type that are a bit less serious? If so, one could always hope that is the case.

Any input on this is deeply appreciated by this slightly scared new member, who will keep you updated.

Thanks again for being here and sharing your knowledge, it means a lot.

Twitches mean nothing. They're far, far too common to be diagnostic of anything.
Regardless of what you read in the other post.

You can read this for yourself in the Pinned Post cleverly titled Read Before Posting!

Thank you very much for your reply.

I realise that twitching alone doesn't say much, but as mentioned, legs also feel weak and crampy,
and there is a weird unstable feeling when walking.

Congratulations, nothing at all like how ALS starts. Throw away the health anxiety and go enjoy the life you've been given.

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for those reassuring words, I guess that other poster somehow got it wrong about his symptoms then.

Merry Christmas.

Update:

Complete bloodwork including vitamin levels, inflammatory markers etc. was done on the second day following symptom onset.

Came back today, all perfectly normal.

Scheduled for neuro appointment on January 15.

Update:

Now light cramps in forearms and some fasciculations in left arm. Also some fasciculations in left hand, mostly between thumb and index finger.

Leg symptoms (feeling weak and crampy, fasciculations all over feeling like popcorn) persist.

Attempting to contact neuro to see if they have any cancellations so I can come in earlier.

I hope you get an early appointment and can relax about those symptoms. Try not to worry and enjoy the holidays!

Thank you wishmobbing.

Although the symptoms are hard to simply ignore, I will try my best not to let them scare me too much.

Merry Christmas.

Since you've already been told that your symtoms do not point to ALS, you should have a fantastic Christmas. There's no need to post again unless you've been given the diagnosis, which I bet dollars to doughnuts you will not. It will do you no good.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back