Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
San Antonio
This is my first time ever doing anything like this but you guys seem very helpful and I was hoping you'd give me some of your opinions.
About a 8 days ago I started having slight tremors in my hands and legs but that went away as the anxiety got worse strangely, anyway of course I think I have als, my left arm feels heavier than the right, i have hyperreflexia but it seems everyone in my family does so I'm not too worried, I have no muscle twitches and cordination is spot on, my questions are,1. does als allow sore muscles to go away normally
2. How do I tell the difference between "fake" anxiety induced weakness and clinical weakness. 3. I'm 18, is it even possible?? 4. What comes first, weakness or fasciculations? I'm really sorry for being like this cause but I'm staying up till 6 in the morning squeezing my hands and reading symptoms. I guess my left hand feels a little bit weaker idk, I'm driving myself crazy.

Tavoh, you wrote... "What comes first, weakness or fasciculations?"

What comes first is... a doctor's appointment.

Until then...

It's just a question cause I'm curious, what did you have first?

It's just a question cause I'm curious, what did you have first?

This isn't a random Q&A forum.

To answer your next few questions, please read the Sticky titled Read Before Posting.

What comes first is that something stops working and you fall or can't get up.

You don't have ALS.

Tavoh, if you want to go on thinking you have ALS then your mind and your body will join and make you feel like you have ALS with out having it. Don't be so dam foolish, stop your silly questions and go see a doctor. No one can tell you what comes first, we are all different.
Al

Answers for the anxious

Hello all,
I just wanted to make a thread on here for all the people that are like me and don't know how to get answers, so I'm asking for your patience and cooperation to ease the minds of others. i don't want to upset anybody with questions but, we need you to understand that we cannot just shut off our thoughts and go on with our day. So here we go. Let's say there's a person named johnny. 30 years old presenting with "feelings" of weakness and stiffness in his left arm. Johnny is a very anxious person and by now he thinks he is a expert in all the symptoms that come along with als. As the days go by he seems to read more and more and begins to feel these symptoms first hand. Johnnys life is now consumed by the thought of having als. As is the case with a lot of us anxious people on this forum. What we need you to understand is that when we're told it's 1 in a million. We think we are that one person. Johnny cant step foot inside a doctors office without having a panic attack. So he relys on rather web MD or this forum, so I'm asking you please don't make us go to web MD. Answer these questions once and for all and we'll be done with it. //What were your first symptoms. //Did you feel weakness or did it just go straight to not being able to do a task you would normally have no problem doing . //And finally what would you say would be a good if not almost certain indicator of als. //WE KNOW your not doctors. But you are the ones that have the most experience with the cold hearted b*stard. Your say means more to us then a doctor, please reply with answers and not with "this isn't a Q&A!" "Go to your doctor!" just once we want your opinions. Again with all the respect in my heart I ask this, please don't get upset.

If you read the sticky you would know that you are allowed one open thread. I merged your threads

We are NOT going to describe our initial symptoms. The sticky read thoroughly should give you the information to know more or less the answer. Which is failure not feeling.

Detailed descriptions are completely unhelpful to the anxious and worried and generally harmful because for a significant percentage reading/ hearing symptoms is followed closely by getting those symptoms.

As Kim says you are not describing ALS. If you need more information do go to a doctor. If you want online support for your worries there are forums for that. This is forum is for people with ALS and their loved ones. We try to answer reasonable concerns but are not here to provide the support you are requesting. We are struggling to get through each day

Here's a thought for you, you self-obsessed twit: we know this. Because we actually went through it.

We get hypochondriacs and health anxiety, who use answers to stupid questions such as "how did it start for you?" as input to their pathologies.

The people who answer these posts are caregivers who have the heavy burden of caring for dying family, or pALS like me who have to answer using our eyes as we no longer have functioning limbs.

So take the suggestions given and move on.

You're done. Closing thread.
Do NOT post again until you've acted on the information provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back