Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Wales
City
Chepstow
hi, I am really hoping you guys will be able to tell me I don't belong here but I think that might not be the case. I am 25 year old woman and **disclaimer** I have health anxiety, but I haven't ever worried about something quite like I am als.

like so many others it seems, I worried about my twitches and even got to see a neurologist who only gave me a clinical exam and said I had benign fasciculations. I was ok with that.

I was still a bit obsessed over als though and kept reading, and I read more and more about bulbar onset. I have been looking at my tongnue in mirror every day for the last few weeks and it moves a bit even at rest but I think it isn't fasciculations. I can still move my tongue very fast too ..its even gotten faster through all my practicing I think

anyways whats concerning me is i seem to be having my liquids "go down the wrong pipe" more than usual. ive done it maybe once or twice a day for the last two days and that just seems like too much, as normally its maybe once a week i think

does this sound like it could be als? id really appreciate if anybody could describe their onset with swallowing problems

also does anybody know the incidence rates of sals in my age group?

thanks from a really worried person!

I don't see anything that sounds like ALS.

My tongue feels weird sometimes. I twitch sometimes. I swallow liquids wrong sometimes. I do not have ALS.

My husband has Bulbar Onset ALS. None of those things happened when the ALS started. We never considered ALS until his tongue didn't work. All the other things came way later. ALS causes weakness.

All the things you describe could be something else like stress, anxiety, a number of things. You already know you have health anxiety.

Nothing here says ALS......

So no, you don't belong here.

Everything Sooner says is true. And anxiety makes you eat/drink faster, and it's more likely that things go wrong in the process.

Put your spoon, fork or cup down between bites/swallows, and have a good life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back