Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Nh
City
USA
Hello all, first off, thank you in advance for your replies. I look forward to reading them and interacting with you.

I am a 25 year old male who is concerned about somethings that have begun happening to me. I can remember at least three years ago being on a cruise and my eyelid would not stop twitching. It lasted for over a couple of weeks and eventually went away. It would happen again whenever I sneezed or closed my eyes tightly. It ended up happening more and more as the years went on but it never stayed more than a month or so.
This year it has started again but now it seems as though the twitch has spread to my temple above my ear and both of my calves and quads when at rest. What has concerned me the most is that for the past few days my right arm gets tired much faster than my left. I have not sensed any weakness but fatigue does set in much faster in my right arm, it feels like it fills with lactic acid almost instantly. I am truly hoping this is not associated with ALS/MND but I figured I would get on here to gather some of your thoughts about my symptoms. Obviously I made the mistake of googling my symptoms and everything that comes up mentions ALS/MND.

Hi Concerned, I have moved your thread to the Do I Have ALS section. Please read the sticky "READ BEFORE POSTING". You will answers to your questions there.

I apologize for the mistake. Thank you for the help!

Hi concerned,
Have a read of the sticky Read before posting, it will answer a lot of your concerns. Twitching in itself can be caused by lots of things, doctor google is very good at scaring people but not so good at accurate diagnosis. Your best bet it to go to your doctor and get them to investigate to set your mind at rest.

Wendy

My right arm weakness seems to have subsided but now my neck is getting the feeling that it is tired. Is this a symptom?

This is a question to ask your doctor. I also don't believe you have read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" section, as your questions would have been answered there.

Please speak with your doctor about your health concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back