Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
QL
City
Brisbane
So my fear started overyear ago when a friends friend become diagnosed with mnd only around 38 and we had a charity event we went to and seeing him destoryed me him been so young with a young family and then it got me worried down the track when I noticed twitches on me shoulder biceps calf left side right side even my tounge feels weird at times and I did the almighty and googled it and als came up and my heart sank and now I've have this continuous anxiety about getting it I've been to 2 doctors that I know and delt with your years and they weren't to worried they know I suffer from health anxiety.
I haven't lost any strength that I know of I can bench 70kgs and deadlift 110kgs and go for walks with my family I'm not stumbling but when I wake up in the morning my toes are abit stiff (guessing cause I always move them to make sure I haven't had any muscle loss)
My right little fingerknuckle aches probably cause I make a fist to see my strength
So sorry for wasting your time but any feedback would be appreciated I'm sure it's all just feed off my anxiety

I am only 32 am I to young to worry about it

Also when I walk my leg feel weird on my right knee could that be anything related I'm sorry

Coop, you didn't mention anything that resembles ALS. Enjoy your life.

Thanks for that I also get this weird numbness feeling in my big toes on my left foot is that something that relates to als thank you for your reply

Nothing you describe sounds like ALS but it does sound like you've worked yourself into a frenzy over your friend's diagnosis.

My father died from ALS. Talk about imagining that every muscle twitch might mean something. You just have to realize that your mind can manifest physical symptoms under stress and understand that ALS is a rare disease with the odds in favor of you not developing it.

As Mike said, get on with your life and forget about having a terminal illness. Seek help for your anxiety if it becomes uncontrollable, but thankfully you don't belong here.

Thanks guys I really do appreciate your help

1 other question I have I get this shake/tremor in my right bicep that comes and goes sorry guys I appreciate your help

That happens to totally healthy people like you and me.

Suggest getting that anxiety treated.

Thanks mike really appreciate it from you 👍👍 deep down I know it's my anxiety but I guess been a father of 4 I worry not been hear for my kids and this worry has def taken up to much time of my life to worry 😔

Re: Emg, twitching, atrophy?

Is atrophy a secondary symptom or have I read that wrong ??

Re: Emg, twitching, atrophy?

And can they feel there atrophy??

Mod note- Please post only on your own thread. Above two posts moved from another's thread to your own.

No worries sorry about that 👍

Any help mike I notice a little dent on my palm of my hand it's has a burning tingle to it and with my anxiety I can't get over it and help from anyone would be appreciated I'm worried it atrophy I did 10 push ups on my fingers to see if I had any muscle loss I held a 5kg dumbbell with thumb and index finger for 10 seconds I didn't drop it
So sorry to annoy yous
Is there any test I can do at home to help me relax 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back