Learn about ALS
Country
AUS
State
VIC
City
Melbourne
Hi guys,

Bit of a long-time lurker, first time poster. I'm a 22 year old male and have tried not to post but i've started to get quite concerned with my symptoms.

It all started a couple of months ago when i acquired an infection, was on antibiotics for a couple of weeks and it didnt really go away. At this time i started my 2 month travel, fasiculations where starting but didnt really worry me at the time. Infection eventually subsided with the pain stopping. About a month into my trip i coughed blood, scared i went to a hospital had a chest xray done and they just put it down to a chest infection. This is when the neuro symptoms started really worrying me, muscle fasiculations got worse, my hands trembled and i woke up night with uncontrollable tremors in both arms. I was really worried about these symptoms so I saw a neurologist while i was away. Reflexes where fine but he was worried about my trembling hands and sent me for an MRI. MRI was clear and he put it down to stress which i admit i have/had mainly because of these symptoms. Really couldnt test me thoroughly as i was only in the country for a week. I had blood tests and urine tests done for infections but nothing was found.

Cut to now, ive got a strange feeling in my left arm, it feels weaker although i cant tell if it really is and when i saw the neuro he seemed to think it was okay. My fingers fasiculate and the finger where most of the twitches happen on my left side definitely feels weaker than the rest. The left side of my jaw cracks when i open it far enough, and is quite sore. My fasiculations are in my feet, legs, hands, neck, tongue, arms, but i have a couple of localized ones especially in my left hand. Still on antibiotics for an "infection" yet no bloods or urine tests show anything. Vision disturbances, constantly little flashes appear in vision, episodes where i see stars for a few seconds occasionaly, saw an opthamologist and he said my eyes were fine and nothing wrong there. Occasionaly waking up in sweats. Hiccuping/burping more than usual. My stomach is constantly gurgling, really loudly. Literally all my joints seem to crack/pop, left wrist is the worst. My tongue feels weaker, and does have fasiculations no real slurring of speech. Voice is hoarse and breathing sort of feels like i cant fill my lungs. Generally fatigued but have no idea whats going on.

Can MND come on this quickly or do these symptoms sound like MND or something similar? Doctor doesnt seem to know so hes sent me to see a neuro in a couple of weeks but it seems so far away.

Cheers.

Last edited:
You didn't mention one single symptom of ALS. Your post was so devoid of ALS, I can't believe you really lurked here. I think your post is probably a record holder for the least probability of having ALS.

Haha, well at least thats a reassuring. The fasiculations are constant, and in my tongue which really brought me here. Don't mean to be here but when I've been referred to a neurologist 2 times now, you google the symptoms especially the tongue fasic, and it only really leads you to the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back