Learn about ALS
Country
Uk
State
Leicestershire
City
Leicester
Hi everyone,

Firstly after reading some of these posts, I can firstly say that you guys are some of the most inspiring person I've come across, you truly are!

I am a 28 year old female!

I'm looking for a bit of guidance as mnd/ all has always been a concern for me! About 4 years ago I had some pain behind my right eye and some blurred vision/ unable to concentrate . I was off work for about 2 weeks and saw a optramologist who couldn't see anything wrong. Shortly after I developed a whole heap of floaters in both eyes and lots of pain in my muscles like I had lumps of lead on my hands and feet. I saw a neurologist and had a brain MRI/ cervical spine MRI and a lumbar puncture - all clear. I then developed a tremor in my right hand which I got very frightened about and started to self diagnose myself with all numbers of conditions (I hate Google!) after this I experienced lots of twitches in my muscles that I felt all over my body, mainly after exercise, I can't see these though when they happen! This still happens today when I exercise (when I say exercise I mean walk slowly sometimes!) the tremor is now also slightly in my left hand. I have seen a number of neurologists, been tested also got carpel tunnel with a nerve test (the pads/ not the needles). I have been diagnosed with chronic migrane, benign essential tremor and anxiety and depression. The neurologists throughout the 4 years have never noted any weakness in limbs, unusual reflexes or strength problems in my neuro exams. I last saw a neuro a couple of weeks ago, just over 4 years since my first symptoms. I struggle constantly now through every day, counting down the minutes until I can be at home. I am always tired, my arms and legs feel so heavy and weak although I can grip normally and can walk in heels and toes. My hands shake like when you hold a weight for ages and you start to get tired. I am always tired!!! Like always! Like an extreme tiredness that makes me avoid anything that will make me worse. My muscles twitch when I do any exercise, even walking down the road, mainly in my thighs and bum and I am still very sensitive to light and have constant floaters! Does this sound like it could be mnd? It's something that play on my mind a lot.

I am struggling to focus on much right now, I can't get over all these weird symptoms, they scare me and make me feel awful everyday!

Sorry for the huge post and thanks for your support!

Georgie

Hi Georgie. This really does not sound like MND. The hallmark of ALS is weakness. After 4 years you have none. Apparently no neurologist has found any reason to suspect MND. You have many symptoms that are unrelated to MND. I am guessing twitching brought you here? As we say in the sticky and in multiple threads twitching is non specific and meaningless related to MND especially without weakness
Good luck your answer is not here

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your reply, it's really helpful x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back