Reason
Friend was DX
Country
UK
State
Cornwall
City
Falmouth
Hi guys I made a post a while back in regards to my symptoms, I'm a 27 year old male been suffering with Fasciculations for 8 months, I know twitching isn't really a diagnostic but since then things have gotten worse! I am having als type twitching in my arms now, like to look at my right bicep within a minute or two ill have a twitch that is like a single fibre some where on my bicep same with anywhere on my arms and shoulders, my legs I lost interest in calfs feet etc been going nonstop since the the start. I have tried everything, magnesium, drinking water, cutting out sugar, even gluten free for 2 weeks and nothing. I haven't noticed any strength loss, still going to the gym lifting weights like normal. I am 2 months away from a neuro appointment been a 5 month wait. Does this sound like a typical als presentation? I'm very scared. Thank you

Not to me. And you can not see a single muscle fibre twitch

Anxiety is its own source of twitching, Lloyd. It can amplify a harmless event. "No strength loss" pretty much takes ALS off the table.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Nikki and Laurie thank you for the replies, sorry to hear about this horrible disease effecting you and the family. I am trying to focus on the anxiety at the moment, I have had anxiety disorder all my life. but these bloody twitches don't stop, but I will have to wait and see what the neurologist says.

Much appreciated. ~Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back