Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Louisiana
City
New Roads
All symptoms except muscle weakness/atrophy.

Hi all,

I started twitching around August, 2014. Around the time the ALS ice bucket challenges were going around on Facebook. I started feeling a twitch and it didn't go away for a couple of weeks so I decided to look up muscle twitching. That's where I messed up.

Here are some of my symptoms:
Body wide fasciculations
Stiff joints
Muscle cramps every now and then
When I do a half squat, my thighs twitch
Muscle twitch in foot when I spread my right pinky toe outwards

I don't feel like I have any muscle weakness but my question is, what does the muscle weakness feel like? Other forums say that "If you have muscle weakness, you know" But I just want a better explanation to ease my mind.
I injured my knee 3 years ago and to take pressure off of that leg, I put more pressure on my other leg. Well when my knee healed, my opposite leg's ankle started to hurt. I went to the doctor for my ankle and he said nothing was wrong. But it does hurt. I have read a lot saying that muscle weakness comes before twitching and that twitching can come first but it is very rare. I am 24, and a male. I still continue to stay active with sports. Flag football, basketball, soccer, and softball. And I life weights. I can do things like I could before I started twitching. But the anxiety hits hard on certain days.

Sorry for the long post. But this is a serious thing to me and I want to put it all out there.

Thanks

Re: All symptoms except muscle weakness/atrophy.

You ask about "weakness." This is the opposite:
"I can do things like I could before I started twitching."
So you are not weak after months of twitching, and you should not worry about ALS. If your "good leg" was overused while your knee healed, a static stretching regimen might help.

Best,
Laurie

I'm trying to attach this now

How do I attach a video?

Don't.

Twitches do not matter.

Read the sticky.

And stay in your original, and open, thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back