Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
IND
City
IND
Hello, I am a 20 year old male, who recently discovered something a little frightening.
I don't seem to have the range of motion on my right ring finger as I do on my left. There is no apparent weakness in the finger ex. I have been able to pick things up using solely that finger. I find it more difficult to stick up my index, middle, and ring fingers together on my right side than on my left. I notice slight discomfort trying to bend it back all the way. It now feels tired, although I attribute that solely to the amount of "tests" I have put it through. I have noticed this for about 2 weeks, and it hasn't gotten better or worse. Thanks.

I would not worry about it until it reaches one of your middle fingers, then go to a neurologist.

I use my middle finger a lot, it is my form of sign language since I can no longer speak.

GOOD LUCK

Jake, if you think that your hand is no longer capable of doing something it could just a month ago, then you want to get that checked by your GP medical doctor.

But as BigMark said, I wouldn't be worrying about a fatal disease in the meantime. Just get it checked.

I feel fully capable, and maybe it is something I have always had, I can't remember ever testing it before. I was on medicine for a sinus infection in mid-Jan which gave me "dead arm", which is apparently know to happen in some augmentin users. I freaked out about it, and started doing finger and arm tests, which is when I first noticed it. I have no problems typing, and just got back from the gym, able to grip everything okay. The slight difference in ability had me concerned though. Thanks for your responses Mike and Mark.

It also appears my pinky and ring finger need to move in unison, whereas on the left hand that is not the case. Thanks.

Jake, you've got your answer.

But as you seem to have reluctance accepting it, let me assure you that your fear that your pinky is signaling ALS is, frankly, ridiculous.

Go see your GP, lad; quit worrying about ALS.

Thanks Greg, reassuring. I won't post here again unless one of my limbs stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back