Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Shropshire
City
Shrewsbury
Hi All,

I'm sorry to be flooding your sight with my 'worries' and I understand that you probably deal with people like me on a daily basis and I'm sorry for feeling the need to turn to you. But I feel like I'm in limbo at the moment. I've recently been diagnosed with APS (Antipholosphid Stndrome).. that hasn't caused me any clots, just unfortunately 6 misscarriges. Cut a long story short the past 3 weeks I've had constant twitching! (Silly I know) but they literally are constantly and they seem to be in my calves and thighs the most but can go anywhere lip, arm, toe the lot! I have considered the obvious BFS. And I know it's likely to be that but I can't help feeling so nervous that it's yet another kick whilst I'm down. The twitches are painless, but I also get like a 'water dropping' feeling on my legs and that's bugging me also! Tight pain feelings are happening in my legs now not just twitches. Pain came on about what days ago. The muscle twitches are usually only small but some are quite strong. I've been to the GP and he's just said take some vitamins and see how it goes. I had one doctor test me reflexes and he said there fine and he doesn't think there is anything sinister going on. - can anybody give me some advice? - I know I'm probably wasting your time but I am genuinely very distressed by this and it's starting to consume me. (BTW I don't notice the twitching as much when I'm up and walking about its when I'm sitting or lying in bed I notice it the most). I have no visible muscle weakness as I can see. Thank you in advance, Leanne xx

Hi, Leanne, sorry to hear about your antiphospholipid syndrome and miscarriages. As you may know, chorea (uncontrolled movement) is one of the less frequent symptoms. However, pain can be a presenting symptom of a clot, esp. if it stays in one area, so I would check with whoever manages your illness. I'm guessing you're pretty young for ALS, and you have no weakness, which is its hallmark. So that's one worry I wouldn't have. But I would get checked out since you don't want a clot to go untreated.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Leanne, I can't give you any advice or any diagnosis, but I can comment on your overall question.

You didn't describe ALS or ALS-like symptoms. The twitches can be anything, or nothing at all. Twtiches are caused by so many things that they aren't diagnostic of anything.

Two doctors didn't see anything sinister, so don't worry about ALS. If you must worry about something, pick something else. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back