Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
North Port
Hey everyone - I had posted a few months ago, March to be exact, regarding my visit to Dr. Glass at Emory. I came away with a preliminary diagnosis of Parsonage-Turner Syndrome or Idiopathic Brachial Neuritis.

My follow-up is in a little under two weeks and I am really level headed, unlike I was before. Dr. Glass told me I would and should be better when I came back for re-evaluation, but if anything things have slowly gotten worse or stayed somewhat the same.

I have no pain, but my tricep and upper left arm muscles twitch like crazy whenever I lift something or anything. I know things aren't about feeling, but my arms just get tired much more quickly. I still have noted atrophy in my thumb and now the forearm extensors.

I assume Glass will want to do another EMG at some point, but just wanted to update and will follow up after my appointment on the 30th.

So what happened at the appointment?

Sorry, big weekend ahead at work. No change in strength, reflexes or anything. Dr. Glass thinks that I, at one point, had Parsonage-Turner or a Brachial Plexus injury and my lingering symptoms are from that. Eventually, he believes it will go away since it hasn't progressed clinically since my early March appt.

Since I am not weak, he doesn't see the point of another EMG, which I did not question and he sees no signs of a more serious systemic disease.

He said if I want a follow-up, I can schedule one, but he doesn't think it is necessary unless there's a change in symptoms. He saw my twitching and the videos of twitching I sent him and that didn't really make him lean one way or the other when he examined me.

No progression is good news, so I am going to continue to live my life and support those with the disease in my area. Enrolled in the volunteer program at the ALS Georgia Chapter.

Great news. And sounds like a wonderful plan. Best of luck and have a long wonderful life

Congratulations! Definitely good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back