Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uk
State
Glasgow
City
Glasgow
Hi there everyone and I want too say thank you for taking time out too read my thread I know time is important too everyone and again I apprecite it.

I've just turned 29 one month ago and started too get strange symptoms about 4-5 weeks ago. Out off the blue my shoulder started too ache for no reason and my arms felt really restless and weak. This continued for a few weeks until I started too feel twitching in my right legs now this was like a pulsing when looking at it. I tried too hard to ignore this and when I had too go too my doctor for my yearly blood tests I nentioned too the doctor about the twitching but he told me too squeeze his fingers and stuff and I did that and he said I shouldn't worry about it.

About 2 weeks ago now I have started getting twitches on my biceps, arm, wrists, knees and legs and this is what has gotten me worried I can see the twitches in my arms when they happen it lasts a merly 1-2 seconds. I am also feeling really shakey all through my body as I write this and my hands feel really shakey.

I have read the stickes and from what I can see muscles weakness happens but my little girl likes me lifting up the couch and she rolls down it now I did this last night with her lifting the couch with one hand now if I had muscle weakness I wouldn't be able too do this would I?

Thank you reading this and I await your opinions

Thank you.
James .

I would also like too add that I'm very tired all the time now for no reason

Thanks

What possible combination of Google searches brought you here? Someone else is going to prompt you to "read the stickies" at the top of this forum subtopic. Others are going to go crazy on you. Just a forewarning.

Hi mediasmart, the reason I was brought through too this forum was because of the twitching and when searched on the Internet twitching is a first symptom of MND

Thanks.

James, your doctor is right. You don't have the kind of weakness that shows ALS. Also, aches, pains, and restless feeling are not how ALS presents itself. Twitching and tiredness can be anything, or nothing at all.

You don't have ALS.

James, google directs many people here for twitching. It's just not true.

When you can't pick your foot off the ground or you can't physically grasp a coffee cup, then ask your doctor to look into it. There are a hundred different things that could be, and IF no other disease fits, he'll eventually look at ALS--a rare disease.

You don't have ALS.

@atsugi thank you for your opinion and its started too relieve my fears a little but as most people are different with stmptoms too start with is twitching a first red flag symptom ?

Your time has been greatly appreciated .

The reason the internet directs people with twitching here is because people write posts on this Forum using the terms "twitch", "twitching" and "ALS". Google is too stupid to understand that these terms don't belong together, but once the process is started, more people come here and ask about twitching and ALS, which makes it more likely the next search for "twitching" will return something about ALS and a link to our Forum. That will then trigger another post to our site... and the process continues...

Twitching is not a primary initial symptom of ALS.

No, James, twitching is not a red flag (of anything that I know of). It's probably just a subconscious reaction to stress or anxiety.

I'm sure there are a hundred "diseases" that twitch, but not everything is to worry about. Remember, farting is a disease, too, but rarely is it anything to complain about. Your other symptoms--and lack of the proper symptoms--prove that you don't have ALS. And your doctor knew it, too.

As we age, our bodies degrade, include our several nervous systems. I twitch all over from time to time all throughout the day, and I don't have ALS.

At 29, you're beginning to show the first signs of aging. Just as your bones begin to creak a little and your reactions are just a tad slower, your motor neurons also show some wear and tear. I was 28 when I first got Restless Legs Syndrome. And my ears haven't stopped ringing since 1996. I'm not saying your twitches are not a named disease/syndrome/condition, I'm just saying it's probably not a big deal, and you definitely don't have ALS.

@dusty7 & @atsugi thank you for your well thought out responses this has definitely relieved my fears as a simple search online directs people too sites like this because there is loads out there with twitching and loads of them will be BS because they all say twitching is a first symptoms of ALS and people on this forum said there first symptom was twitching but as you guys have first hand knowledge of this sort of stuff then I know who I am going too believe . Again thank you for your opinions and taking your time explaining stuff too me.

P.S - As I'm writing this response I've had a a muscle twitch in my bicep lets hope I calm down and stop thinking about them and they should go away.

>At 29, you're beginning to show the first signs of aging

come on, Mike ... 29? At 29 I was still getting younger. now 59 is another story :). with ALS I figure a decade a year, so onset in 2010, now I'm 98 years old. Pretty good shape for a 98 year old :)!

I'd like to know who hasn't had twitches from time to time? Doesn't everyone? I get them all the time; when stressed or after a lot of physical activity. Why in the world do all these people jump to such conclusions, holy cow!

Cut down on the Moutain Dew! lol

I would also like too add that I'm very tired all the time now for no reason

Thanks

nope nope nope. The reason you are tired is you spend too much time on your butt with Dr. Google. Get some fresh air. Talk a walk. Get a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back