Learn about ALS
Country
BRA
State
são paulo
City
franca
hello good afternoon
2 years I have been almost fasciculation by the body, until yesterday had discarded that had als, but seeing the story of Pete Frates (the ice bucket), he stated that
it was the first symptom fasciculation, which will unlike many afirman that fasciculation and rarely one symptom of als.

He has not clearly stated his timeline but my understanding is his other symptoms followed very quickly after. A matter of weeks or a couple of months. This is nothing like your situation. PLEASE stop worrying about ALS

From ESPN... Pete Frates said,
"The day of the formal [diagnosis], I was already accepting it because I had these symptoms for a while," Frates said. "I stumbled upon an ALS website a couple of months before, and there was a list of about a dozen symptoms on the front page. I went through those and had 10 of them."

I don't see that twitching was his first symptom or that he even had a first isolated symptom. What is your source for saying that Fascics were his first symptom and at that time he had no other symptoms?

He has said that he first noted twitching but if you read his whole story it is obvious that he then noted weakness quickly as this all occurred during one summer and by August he was having serious performance problems so as I said a couple of months max. And I bet he had some weakness by the time he started twitching but just did not notice or give in to it until it was impossible to ignore. Please don't use this brave man's tragedy to feed your fears

I read the same story and briefly thought about the same thing, particularly since I've been having fasciculations constantly for only three months. However, I don't think that entire story goes into detail on Mr. Frates' timeline, and as Nikki and Dusty7 mentioned he had other symptoms that either occurred at the same time or followed quickly after the fasciculations started.

If you've been twitching for two years and don't have any other symptoms, you seem to be in the clear and I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back