Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Clyde
My neuro appointment is the 22 of January. I have been going insane and feel I will continue to do so until my appointment. I keep trying to put non-als answers to my symptoms but can't shake the fear that this is what I am dealing with.

About 6 months ago I started experiencing stiffness upon waking. I chalked it up to being pregnant. My son is now 3 months old and the stiffness has now turned into a "weak" feeling on my right side. I have been experiencing twitches mainly on the right side. However, the left has started now as well. I am having neck pain, pain between my shoulders. When I use my right side I have the feeling of being sore as if I worked out. My tongue has been scalloped for over a year and I see twitching there as well.

What really has me concerned right now is my right hand. I experience soreness in here daily. My right ring finger now seems to be lower than the rest of my finger and seems to have what "according to online" mallet finger. When I straighten my hands my ring finger seems to pop back into place when I try to make a fist and it never did this before. Has anyone with ALS had finger issues like this before?

I think you need to just wait to see the doctor and relax. Being pregnant and having a newborn can take a lot out of you. It could be anything at this point from fatigue, virus or vitamin deficiency. Don't go thinking about a fatal disease.

You are making yourself worse with all the worry. take a deep breath and relax. Make a list of questions you want to ask and listen to the doctor. If you are told no als then believe it. They have the education, training and experience to determine what is wrong. Don't worry until you have to.

I agree and I have been trying to but my blood work came back clean as a whistle. So I'd assume if
I had a virus it would've showed on the blood work. The finger thing has me really bothered and also my great aunt and great grandmother both passed away from als. I try not to worry but I can't. It is consuming my life and I sound dramatic but I have 2 little boys and I just can't get it out of my head that I won't be around for them.

I know no one can diagnosis me online but is that finger issue relevant to als? My finger I guess is more like the swan deformity if you look that up. I will post a picture of it on my blog.

All you can do is wait. No matter the outcome good or bad, worry is solving nothing. It could be a long journey to finding out what is going on and wasting time fretting and worrying over something you have no control over isn't going to change it or make it better.

Your appointment is the 22 janurary and that isn't that long of a wait, some are waiting months to get seen. I don't want to sound harsh or uncaring but you have a choice to relax and wait or fall to pieces. Your children need you in the here and now, they can pick up on your fear.

Make the best of what you can, It is less than 2 weeks to wait.

Thank you, I will try. Please keep me and my boys in prayer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back