Learn about ALS
Country
cro
State
croatia
City
zagreb
Hello.

I am 27 years old male. I have muscle twitches, bodywide, for more than year now, i had muscle cramps and spasms. Of course doctor google got me here and since then i am kinda afraid of this fatal disase. My neuro said it is highly unlikely for me to have this disase and i was fine, since now, i just noticed this and i am wondering is this muscle atrophy? I got some weight in pas few months... Thank you for your feedback.

Hello Croatia, ( 27 or 28)

Please believe your neurologist. Go back in six months for a follow up if you need to. Your neuro is a trained physician. Goo gle is not. Body wide twitching is NOT indicative of ALS. In fact, twitching for most PALS, typically occurs after atrophy is noted. Your neuro would have checked for that.

You live in a beautiful country! Go out and enjoy it. I enjoyed visiting Split & Dubronik last year.

Picture of my pectoralis muscles are gone in moderation - that is the reason why I am here. My left Pectoralis muscle is noticable smaller then right. I am right handed.. Ty for replay otawwa girl. Yep i love my country, nice to see somoene overseas was here :)

So this is my full story.

In march of 2012 i had weird chest pain. Then i went on wacation in may 2012. After that, I was back to work (which is very stressful) then I had what my GP said is panic atack.

Maybe i was highly anxious but i went again to my GP. She sent me to EKG to chekc my heart and they found nothing execpt few SVES a gave me Concor for short time to calm my highly beating heart.

Then in july 2012 i had first twitching attack. For few days my whole body twitched like crazy, every damn muscle. After a weak or two twitiching was not so intense but i was counting about 10-20 per minute. At the time i felt bad muscle cramps and spasms in both of my quad muscles especially when i was driving car.

Then i viited neuro for the first time. He announced MRI check which came back whith some white spots. In that time i was thinking about MS but my neuro said those white spots are not MS spots and we will wait for 6 months for new MRI. EMG was normal, but he did only on my chest and my hands.

After few aditional checks which all come back negative he sent me to epilepsy center. And then in february 2013 I met great neuro in epilepsy center. After EEG i got some irregular finding which is again NOT epilepsy. IT is something but he gave me Lamal, smallest dosage which helped me alot (Oh i didnt mentioned - i had few attacks something like i will passed out and becaouse of that i was on tilt table test - which also was NORMAL - nothing - no sincopa)...

So now, after a year of testing, i am in dead end... I am twitching mostly in my legs, but also bodywide. Almost every moring when i weak up and try to strech my legs my lower leg muscles end in painfull cramp, but after that i am fine.

And one more thing - i do not see or feel twitching when i am walking, biking or when i am in the move, i experience them only when i am in still position (watching tv, sitting at work).

What do you think? I was not so woried since I found my left pecs muscle noticable smaller then right. Then I came back here again.. Sorry for my bad English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back