Not open for further replies.

Brynne8

Country
US
State
Ma
City
Medway
To start, i am a 15 year old girl. Ok so about two months ago, I noticed that I had leg pain in my right leg while running. It became unbearable to run, so I stopped, but my leg now hurts all the time ever since then. It almost feels like an ache in my thigh and knee. I went to the doctor for this and they said I messed up my leg running which I didn't believe. 2 months later, I am having more and worse symptoms. I have major shortness of breath, weakness in arms and legs and tightness in my legs and occasional tingling. I also have bad back pain, and occasional chest pain and ear aches. I was positive that it was osteosarcoma for the first month or so, and now I'm convinced its als. You can probabley tell I'm a worrier but I really think something is wrong with me. What do my symtpoms sound like to you?

They don't sound anything like anything I've ever read about als.

These do not sound like symptoms of ALS. You should have an adult take you to a doctor to discuss.

What did your Mom and Dad say? Will they take you to your GP or pediatrician ?

As a former marathoner, I can tell you that running, while exhilarating, can cause all kinds of problems. At your age, your bones are still forming, so do not overdo the running.

For the record, nothing you describe sounds the least bit like ALS. Suggest you stop trying to diagnose yourself. It's a waste of time. Please see a counsellor as well to learn how to get a grip on your worrying.

Someone your age should look into multiple sclerosis. Als at your age is nearly unheard of. Go to the dr.

thank you everyone for responding so fast. My parent keep telling me that nothing is wrong with me and that its just anxiety because my dad has severe anxiety problems. May I add that I have had a cough and cold for about a month. Is there anything that could associate with all my symptoms?

thank you everyone for responding so fast. My parent keep telling me that nothing is wrong with me and that its just anxiety because my dad has severe anxiety problems. May I add that I have had a cough and cold for about a month. Is there anything that could associate with all my symptoms?

Your mom should take you to your doctor since you have had cough & cold symptoms for a month. It could be an upper respiratory infection or pneumonia either of these would require antibiotics.

You certainly do not have ALS, so you can put that worry to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back