Not open for further replies.

Concearnedyoungfemale

Country
Ca
State
Ca
City
California
I went to Ent yesterday. It went ok, the dr was not super familiar with Al's. but said my chances of having it were very rare. I was only able to tell her the main concerns. She looked at my vocal cords, said they were swollen and that it looked just like acid reflux. I told her about my tongue perceived weakness and she said that a I'd reflux could be the cause of that, I was prescribed medicine for that and was also sent for allergy testing (Rose) I forgot to tell ya that too :) lol...well I left with question mark sand new info. Any ideas great forum?hope everyone is doing blessed..

Good news! I hope the meds for the acid reflux will give you some relief. I had it recently as a side effect for another med I was taking and was amazed at the results from my script.

Our allergy seasons have been awful due to the dry winter last year.

WooHoo- great news - even if most people would consider acid reflux bad news! I am very happy for you and I hope the meds help. Failing that - get yourself a good ol' lazy boy chair- my dad suffers from reflux- and has slept many a night on his "throne".

Onwards and upwards for you!

Please, if you can, advance our cause for a cure - especially now you know we're such a nice and deserving bunch!

Ottawa girl and momap, I love ya , & thanX for the supportive thoughts, acid reflux is what I have to get use to, I hope Prilosec gets me feeling better : )

Just make sure you are not paying a fortune for the prescription stuff. It is the same as the OTC stuff, but costa $130. if you dont have good insurance.

Great news. I am glad things are looking brighter. Yes to the recliner and bed pillows, wedge or risers at the head of your bed. Good luck to you

Sheesh Sadie that's a lotta cash (lol)...and thank you Totos Dorthy, I need some new pillows lol and a new recliner/lazyboy : )

Its a shame they can't be considered for a medical tax write off, or could they? Lol

Really glad to hear that. I bet you feel a lot of relief now! Take care.

W mart has bed risers on line. Just put a couple on the legs at the head of the bed.

You all are great, I do have a follow up with neuro next week & I will keep you all posted if he wants to to emg, otherwise my blood work, EEG and ssep came back normal, thank God/Jesus!

I've had acid reflux for 50 years. It's a hiatal hernia. One of the things that the doctors failed to mention is that join sugarless gum is incredibly helpful for acid reflux. Saliva is certainly less acidic than stomach acids it will bathe your vocal cords and may give you some relief. Glad the explanation was born more benign that what most of us face.

Great news,really happy for you........though not the acid reflux.
I've had this a few years now because of acid in stomach as my food does not digest quickly enough,i have omeprazole to help.
Every night i have a glass of milk before bed and that helps me.
Take good care.

If you have insurance, go with the RX stuff, it works better for me. I've taken it for years. You can always pursue further testing if your issues progress, but, I can tell you from experience reflux causes all kinds of issues.

There ipare less expensive acid meds you can get OTC if cost is an issue, but most comp. have programs for people with income issues. I had to use them years ago. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back