Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Nj
City
Cmch
I am so scared my eyelids top are now dropping and I cant swallow well at all and my arms are in constant shakung mode and my knee feel floppy and foot feel weak help does this soun like the start of AlS?

Kylee, please keep your symp toms contained to 1 thread. It is too hard for many of us to go back and check out your other posts. As I said in your last thread anxi ety can play a big role in health issues. If you are that concerned, please call your GP up and see if you can be seen by him again.

Als does NOT start this way. Others have told you that this doesn't sound at all like als. Please call your doc tor and for your sake, shut off the computer until your app ointment. But before you go, PLEASE read the stickies in this section. People took a lot of time and effort to post these and it may calm your fears.

Good luck

I just bumped up 2 threads that you should also read. One is b fs or als by sadiemae. The other is notme's per ceived wea kness.

No, hon. ALS doesn't change thos much overnight, literally.

When there are truly swallowing or choking issues and profound weakness with sudden onset and no apparent cause, I would be headed to an ER or to my GP. That is meant in all seriousness.

If you awoke today with all that...be checked or at least call your GP.

kaylee,thanks for your message however i do not answer questions on a one to one basis with those undiagnosed.
You asked me about spasticity but from what you describe with your symptoms this is not a problem for you(not read your other posts just this thread)
you are saying you have weakness,flopiness and drooping..........all opposite to spasticity which would be stiffness and rigidity.
I agree with notme,any sudden weakness and you should see a doctor asap.

How about myasthenia gravis? It causes drooping eye lids, swallowing issues. etc. and can come on suddenly. It's not lethal and it's treatable. you probably don't have it, but I figure if you're going to worry incessantly about a disease, I'd at least give you something less dire to worry about. Probably just a good old fashioned case of anxiety. Get to the doctor.

Went to the doctor today confirmed droopy eyelids and sometime my face will drop and then I can feel it moving back up worried about spacisity in face because after it drops it gets real tight. I have a Neuro appt thrus. This is just getting worse every day I can't close my eyelids due to no muscle usage. I am really scared still thinking like bulber palsey or something similure my smile is always shaking.

Please Kylee, listen to what we are saying. Als DOES NOT come on in days. You have 2 and a half days until your appoi ntment. Turn off the computer, don't look in the mirrors and kiss your babies.

This is definitely one of those who isn't listening, I'm afraid. We've tried.

No she isn't Luke.

Kylee for your safety and the safety of others, please DO NOT drive. If your eyelids are dropping rapidly, you could injure you, your children or someone else.

Guys I am listing but this is not something that started in two days it is something that has been happening to for 2 months now with ongoing problems. This is just the new problem. Please be a little more sensitive to people that come for some support. I would be there for anyone that need help and had questions. My heart oes out to all of you! I know what is like to have a devastation hit with medical problem my 9 year old daughter is severely handicapped due to stroke when infint. So please be leave my when I say I hear ya I am just wondering if you hear me I have had progressive symptoms that are not getting better just worse over the last two months that is why I am so scared!

Kylee,

I understand that this is a couple of months long process for you, and think you probably were mis-diagnosed with having Bells Palsy, (now that both sides of your face are affected).

However, you are still progressing faster, and in a different manner than someone would who has ALS.

Even though it may seem an eternity, your neuro appointment will be here before you know it.

I would make a list of everything that is a worry, starting with the first thing you noticed. Write down everything that impacts what should be your normal daily life.

Its okay to tell your neurologist that you're scared it is something serious and you're worried about taking care of your daughter. Its good for our doctors to understand our home situation.

I am so sorry that your daughter had that happen! I really cannot imagine how hard it is, and I know you are especially worried as this responsibility to her weighs heavily on you.

You can write me anytime, I may not have answers, but I am willing to "listen".

Well said Rose...

Honey, try to calm down, write the symptoms down in the timeline and stay hopeful. It doesn't sound like ALS though its definitely something to get figured out. Good luck on Thursday.

Kylee,

No one is being insensitive. We are just afraid that exciting yourself with the unknown can be overwhelming. Take a breather, relax and enjoy life for the next 2 days. I remember a young wise man here once said "What is worrying going to get you?"

It gets you nothing and the days you wasted worrying are gone forever never to be gotten again. So please, for the next 2 days, step away from the computer, write your list and embrace life. After your visit come back with your update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back