Flashster

Country
UK
State
UK
City
UK
Just as an update:

The fasiculations have now spread to my shoulders (particularly right). After I've had fasiculations in the area the area feels weaker and somehow looser(?)

The fine control of my hands (e.g. moving my mouse to check a checkbox) is tricky.
I get my parnter to check for 'clinical' weakness and we can't detect any.
But my arms do feal like lead, as do my legs.

I do stumble quite often because my right foot doesn't always pick itself up very well, but I still can resist pushing down on my foot. I'm more unstable balance wise - but again not fallen over yet.

What all this doesn't say is what I can feel - the muscles are changing as/after they're fasiculating. I am still swallowing only thin liquids, which was the first sympom. I can still talk ok and tongue is ok but occassionally fasiculates.

Can als start in the throat, stop, then jump to the lower legs and spread from there?

On my last visit to the neurologist he said he was confident it wasn't motor neurone disease. I wish I was.

Having woken up with even floppier arms (and legs) I logged in hoping to see a "get a grip" message from trfogey. Just realised why he's been so quiet. So sorry. Very sad.

I remember the name, don't recall the posts, but can figure out enough to tell you to get a grip. Your neurologist has told you no, why the death wish? I'll gladly trade places. Seek out a good therapist/psychiatrist.

You will get no more responses from me. I hope others will do the same.

Thanks Toto for ataking the time to reply. I have no death wish. I want to live now more than ever. I 'm going through a little hell here.

The progression has been from swallowing to fasiculations/cramps to weakness over a period of a year and a half.

I'll try to get a grip. I'm hoping the gradual weakness is down to something else. My arms are so floppy now - great effort to move them.

I want to point out that the neurologist is saying there is "something wrong with my muscles", so the symptoms are not in my head. Hopefully the ALS bit is.

Neurologist said that he detected no weakness or coordination issues, but ordered another EMG.

He seemed to hint that there's a possibility that its a motor neurone disease, but he at this stage doesn't think it is.

I can appreciate your fear and concern and no that is no way linked to a death wish. It is hard to remain undiagnosed but watch your life changing every day. Please relax, deal with your anxiety and recognize that the only thing you can control is how you react. It takes time to muddle through all the Dr. appointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back