Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Ct
City
Hartford
So ive have had my labs mris ncvs and emgs. My gp arranged all my tests quickly based on symptoms and family history. Im clean as far as ms, als and mnd goes......i was convinced something was gonna kill me. The weight of the world is off my shoulders, the docs beleive its ra or orthopedic.....fixable and not deadly, i can hack that.....

Heres a short guide for those of you who try to hard to believe you have als.......this is not to sound insulting...

Go to a therapist, and a psychiatrist, during your tests and after you get cleared especially. Health anxiety it a horrible thing. Its unstoppable without help.

1. Listen to a qualified neuro
2. Be honest and open with family and close friends
3. Accept you have something wrong, not physically always but mentally, the mind is incredibly powerful
4. Accept good advice from vetted members here.
5. Stop googling als....bad idea
6. Be proactive, make the appointment, phone calls, meetng with social service etc
7. Find what sparked the concern
8. Psycosomatic symptoms are real....fix then brain, fix the problem
9. When fixed fight for the people who have als, and make a difference.

I have fought the battle of scared, and convinced, now i fight because my time here is more extended than others. I will not quit, till the day i die, a blood oath to a person who meant the world to me.....

Couldn't have put it any better. Wonderful Thread...should be made as a sticky :)

Thank you so much for your post and congratulations Life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back