Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Ukr
State
Crimea
City
Sevastopol
hy, everyone. I've been reading this forum and understood that your opinion could help me to throw daylight upon everithing that is happening now.
I'm 26. I used to be active person all my life, when suddenly I experienced numbness in my left leg along with weakness, in couple of days I felt fatigue, in approximately a week I felt weakness in my left arm, then in another week weakness came to the right arm. When I walk I'm always dizzy. All the time after this weakness in my arms and legs is encreasing. I stopped driving from the begining of my symptoms because of weakness in legs and fatigue. I get tired very quikly. I can't walk more then 500-700 meters at time, because of feeling dizzy and weakness in legs. In two and a half months after the begining of the symptoms fasciculations appeared in all parts of my body. I also have obdormition in my arms or legs now and then at night.
I saw an army of doctors (neuros). First 2 months they told me that they couldn't see anything and this could be just stress. But time was going by and I was getting weaker. Finally I had EMG done. Current denervation procces is detected in proximate muscle of the left leg. There isn't denervation procces in distal muskles of the left leg and right arm. But there are 2 fasciculations in distal muskles of right arm. Actually, there are fasciculations everywhere, but there aren't any at the time of being studied. MRI (brain and neck) is ok. (English isn't my native language, so, unfortunately, I can't write everything in EMG summary as there are medical terms). They eliminated myopathy and myasthenia.
5 months passed, I'm still seeing neuros from time to time. Deep reflex are strengthened (I'm not sure I wrote right in English). A month ago I notised problems with my throat. Like it's getting weaker too. I can swallow but not as easy as I used to and I don't have enough air inside when I talk. Doctors don't say it can be ALS but they don't give me diagnosis as well. I've been anxious about my state so much all this time. I don't work and can't go out. Life turned into waiting and fear. I will be very grateful if I have any feedback, any opinions. Thank you.

hi lima . . I am no expert but hopefully can offer support . . We are not too different i too have been troubled for 5 months with troubling symptoms . . I have also had to halt work due to this . . Its a hard and worrying time and i understand . . As will many on this excellent forum. 99%of the people here have felt like you do right now . Its perfectly normal to feel concerned . . But remember that als is rare condition . .even more so at your age . There are lot of things it could be that are treatable . Unfortunatly these things are always wait and see . .but there are some wonderful people here to help/support you . Stay as positive as you can. I hope things turn out ok . -God bless . . . Alex

Alex, thank you for your supporting words! Soory for your similar condition. I understand you so much. It's insufferable to be in such condition of uncertainty and being ill at the same time. Let's hope we will be diagnosed very soon and the diagnosis won't be ALS (doctors, who saw me also say about my young age, but I've found people with ALS on the net at this age and younger - it's awful)
In a week I plan to go to Academy of Medical Sciences in Moskow to see the doctor again as I have breathing problems now. It scares me a lot.
Thank you for reply again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back