Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ca
City
anaheim
i knwo you folks are probably getting sick of these questions from people, but i don't know where else to go...

i have bodywide twitching

and for the past 3 days ive had a pain in my hand, wrist and arm....(on the right side of my right hand) its more like just achey and doesnt go away or get worse with anything i do..

yes, i know that could be carpal tunnel...but im very scared from what ive read about ALS....the twitching is body wide and has been going on for about a month so im not really concerned with that as much as this pain in my hand/arm. it doesn seem "weak" but i do feel inflammation/pain when i use it,,, but i can still do everything i need to do with my hands. my legs also get very sore to randomly off and on.

should i go to a neurologist?

any feedback just to make me feel better would be great :oops:

hi there . . From what you have described your symptoms do not strike me as als or mnd related . . There are a multitude of things that could be responsible for them . . Tingling and pain point are sensor issues and dont tend to be als . . Bodywide twitching is also unlikely . . From what i gather als twitchin tends to affect an area after noticeable weakness and sometimes atrophy. . Normally it not strike so widely . . Also (most importantly) the weakness you have described is not als type weakness . . Als weakness is not achey its just weakness . . Things not doing what they always done with ease . . Eg . . Turn a key . . And it never goes away once it manifest itself . . Lastly should you go to a neuro ?. . Well it depend on how this effecting you .? If you want your mind set to rest (and i guessing you do ) then yes . . Have your concerns written down and when he hopefully clears you of anything too nasty then believe him or her and enjoy christmas. . . Good luck and god bless . . . Alex

There is absolutely no reason to think you could possibly have ALS. Stop worrying, please. You have described your symptoms in the other thread and been answered by knowledgeable people. The problems you mention above change nothing. No need to feel embarrassed, but for your peace of mind, please believe us. Relax... and know you really are safe from this.

Yes, abbas i did post before,,but that was before the weird pain/ and what i PERCEIVED as weakness in that hand and wrist..i guess my anxiety and being a hypochondriac make me jump to the worst when i get a new symptom .. i do apologize for taking you kind people's time with my nonsense. its just that the hand thing and leg cramps and stuff just started over the last few days and now that i think of it,,,both hands really arent feeling that great.. i know that anxiety can mimic certain things and all of my symptoms can also fall into that category. thank you very much

and i did see my neuro recently ..and she said i DEFINATLY do not have ALS...but that was just by looking at me and doing the basic neuro exam in her office...she said i do not need any further testing such as EMG... i guess i just have a hard time believing her, and was wondering if i should go back because of my hand issue now.

Starrynight, no need to apologize, I mean it. If I could give you a hug and talk with you I would, but as I unfortunately can't, I'm just saying that the pain which is new, actually contraindicates ALS. It reinforces what was said earlier. You would not have pain as an early ALS symptom. The Neuro must have checked you out, and known that the EMG isn't necessary. I hope you will be able to get your mind off the pain, and accept this.

You're very welcome. And may the Lord bless you and heal you from all pain and worries...
XO

If you think you have ALS after pain for 3 days then you're way too stressed out. Best thing is believe the doc and do whatever you need to get rid of the anxiety. Twitching means nothing. Over stretching can cause it.

AL.

pain is not related in als? even if the pain was here for weeks? im just confused sorry

starry...as i said earlier pain tingling numbness etc are very rarely attributed to als . . these are sensory issues ...als is a disease of weakness....pain will only usually only present with cramp....if you werehere stating problems with swallowing breathing slurred speech dragging a foot etc then worry. . at the momont there a lot of things that could be causing your symptoms... why worry about the rarest of possibilties. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back