Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ca
City
anaheim
for 1-2 weeks... i started having tingling in my body. (hands and feet mostly, but a few other spots throught my body) also, bodywide twitching. random twitching .. .all over my body..not localized at all---its' everywhere and pretty constant. i have been doing the streghnth tests that ive read about online, (opening jars, jumping up stairs, standing on one leg, etc) ....and i DO NOT seem to have any weakness.....i also feel like i have liquids "go down the wrong way" and cause me to cough ,,,that doesnt happen very often though. I have scheduled a neuro appt for next week------------ but in the mean time... any suggestions? im 37 years old, mother of 2 and very scared....i do suffer from severe anxiety and wondering if that has anything to do with this.

Nothing you have going on points to ALS. It just doesn't work that way. See the Neuro for peace of mind but I wouldn't worry.

AL.

:oops:hello and thank you... ive read about "bulbar onset" and i guess thats what got me scared about the swallowing thing (i dont' have trrouble swallowing, just have stuff go down the wrong way once and a while and it makes me go into a coughing fit) plus going from calm and cool to twitching all over really thru me over. anyone else have any input? i feel kind of dumb on this forum and dont want to p*** anyone off...

Usually before choking starts you slur your words. When I was first diagnosed, I choked on food twice. I'm sure it was anxiety because I never choked on food for 6 years after.
AL.

sooooo..im guessing im in the wrong forum? i hope? my neuro will hopefully ease my mine..i wonder if she'll do tests? if there is no weakness or atrophy...then there is NO als is tthat correct? (in ALMOST all cases?) twitching, tingling and anxiety issues are not symptoms then?

No weakness -- no ALS.

Stop doing silly strength tests that you read about on the Internet. You are more likely to injure yourself than to get any useful information about your health.

Good luck with the neuro.

SO , in your opinions...do any of my concerns or symptoms point to ALS at all? hopefully not?

As has already been said. NO. Relax.

Thanks,,,and i understand. im just trying to avoid going to the neuro. and im wondering if im going for my own peace of mind...or because i TRULY have symptoms to be alarmed about thats why i was asking

Thanks,,,and i understand. im just trying to avoid going to the neuro. and im wondering if im going for my own peace of mind...or because i TRULY have symptoms to be alarmed about thats why i was asking

If you are alarmed enough about your symptoms to start looking them up on the Internet, you should discuss them with your primary care physician. All you've managed to do by poking around on the Internet is to put a bunch of incomplete and irrelevant information into your mind. From what you've described here, you have no symptoms that you should be "TRULY" worried about.

Also, anxiety alone can cause all the symptoms you have explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back