Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ia
City
belmond
i recently have been having some trouble i guess you could say swallowing. Its right under my chin. it feels weak and like theirs pressure. if i tip my head up it kind of feels tight. the back of my neck feels kind of weak as well. i feel like the pressure goes up to my ears sometimes. i kind of have been sluring some words with Ls and Ts. Does this sound like bulbar onset of als? any help

Have you been to a doctor. Those symptoms sound kind of vague. Don't think you need to worry about ALS.

AL.

I havent been to a doctor. i made an appointment with an ent. the swallowing feeling comes and goes. My throat is kind of a sore feeling but not like a sore throat if that makes sense. Does bublar onset come and go or when you have trouble you have trouble to stay and it doesn't come and go?

With any form of ALS the symptoms do not come and go, they only get worse.

Hello first timer, I work for a gentleman with ALS, I was wondering about emotions, This one is like a loose canon, is there anything that his caregivers and I can do to help him with it. Some of it is the als, but not all, he is going there a week of not talking with his caregivers, ignore them all together, is this something that will continue, not sure if I am where I need to be with this question. sorry if I am not.

thank you that reassures me alot. this comes and goes throughout the day. i have an odd new symptom tonight. when i stick my tongue all the way out it twitches like trembles at the tip. should i disreguard this or is this related to als? thank you again as i can not even sleep i am so worried. does als affect your tongue?

Everybody's tongue will quiver if you stick it out. I'm no doc but don't think you have to worry about ALS.

AL.

Caregiverforals, that is called emotional lability and it is a symptom of ALS. the doctor can prescribes medicine for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back