Distinguished member
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Auburn
Just a quick question..

I am having these thrush like symptoms my mouth is on fire all day and my tongue feels swollen and is coated. Now its even more difficult to talk than before. My throat feels like it has cotton ball back there and my lips and chin and top of my forehead is numb.

I know i'm on a crap ton of antibiotics and thrush is def a possiblity. Has anyone dealt with this? I need a remedy like quick before I go crazy. I took my diflucan but any moms out there got any home tricks?

If its not one thing it is another. Also do any of yalls ribs twitch? I didn't know there was enough there to twitch.

Going insane and eating a ton of ice..help!

love
Kelly

Hi, Do a search, as I know this has been discussed before. I think maybe Rose? Good luck! HUGS Lori

It sounds like thrush. Get some yogurt with live active cultures, anything else that is a "pro-biotic" and CALL your doctor to let her know you have thrush. I'm really surprised you weren't given something prophylactic, as this is a common response to mega-anitbiotics.

I believe that Barry has had trouble with thrush. I know BethU did, but I don't remember what it was she did to make it better.

Hang in there, you're a Rock Star even if you don't know it.

Diflucan works but it has to be taken for a few weeks if I remember correctly. The 3 or 4 day dose doesn't work when the thrush is severe.

I get thrush in my mouth, throat and eosophagus after just 2 days of using a steroid inhaler for asthma. Extremely painful! Now I start to gargle and swallow a liquid antifungal ( mycosatin ) whenever I begin to use that inhaler. Of course, the liquid is only effective for the mouth and throat lesions and you need to take it before the problem starts.

Probiotics, even in capsule form have never helped me. And they are very expensive. Once the candida has taken hold you need an antifungal. My forehead and chin also itched when I had trush. I think that that is indicative of systemic thrush and you really need to get medical help right away for the misery to stop.

Here's hoping you get relief soon.

ND

Activia and 8 oz organic apple juice 2 x a day

My dentist thought that I had thrush and prescribed Nystatin (?) for it and I took it for two weeks and I guess it got better. I went to see my doctor and she said that she saw no thrush and wondered if I really had it in the first place. I think that it is just a no pie in the pie hole thing, my mouth and throat have no purpose other than a breathing orifice, so there is a build up of bulbar gunk that my dentist thought was thrush.

You may have thrush Kelly and should see a doctor about it. I think CJ mentioned that her husband gargled milk of magnesia and apple cider vinegar but I never did so I can't comment on how well it works.

Barry

My mom has somthing they call Burning Mouth syndrome sounds alot like that, her dentist had her rinse her mouth w/ combination of Milk of Mag. & Benadryl. Rinse & spit it out also see your dentist or doc to make sure nothing else is going on. My son also had trouble w/ his gums bleeding alot even in his sleep the Dentist told him when you are under alot of stress the bactiria goes crazy in your mouth he Rx a mouth wash for him & it finely stopped

Thanks you guys for all the advice. I tried everything under the sun last night finally did the Mag and Benadryl mix like Pidge just suggested and it helped. I quickly put my mouth guard in and went to sleep before it could come back lol. Yea my first night with my mouth guard..strange but I must say my speech is better this morning and I didn't have my tongue for a midnight snack last night. I actually got 7 hours of sleep yay!

I go for my glutathione and oxygen push today and I'm going to discuss this Burning Mouth Syndrome with him. How many health problems can one pack into one body? I got a count of 4 right now lol.

Thank you guys for everything..I feel so alone except when I'm here..no one around me understands they just all think my ab twitch is cool too bad they don't know why its doing that lol :)

If you visit Montreal Gazette | Latest Breaking News | Business | Sports | Canada Daily News you will see an article on Lyme disease ( today )by a doctor who had it and was undiagnosed for quite a while. Her practice now is mainly for those with Lyme disease as she went through so much in her own quest for the answers. She mentioned that she was on antibiotics, antifungals and antiprotozoas for 2years. Perhaps you could contact her.

ND

Hi Limegreen-

I had oral thrush once from antibiotics and my doctor prescribed Magic Mouthwash, which helped with the pain and burning. I believe it was a mixture of Nystatin, lidocaine, and mylanta, or something similar. you can "giggle" it and ask your doc about it.

as for twitching in the rib area, I have had a lot of that lately, but of course, no diagnosis of anything yet.

hope you start to feel better soon--

Sandra

I have twitching in the rib area and last night woke with the hiccups for 45 minutes.

thank God my rib twitch moved on to more important things today lol..Now if I could talk right and get my arm to work we'd be in business. Do you guys find that stress makes everything worse?

Stress is the worst. My PALS has still not recovered from MY appendix surgery of 3 weeks ago. HUGS Lori

My exboyfriend that left me when I got sick is on me so bad and makes me cry everyday. I didn't start having bad speech problems until he started all his stuff. I think he wants to finish me off without having to pull the trigger himself. He has actually even gone so far as to tell me I deserve this disease.

Stress in my case seems to be linked to my progression. So I'm wondering if I find a hot sexy man maybe it will reverse everything..heres to wishful thinking and hoping to find a hot, sexy man lol :)

Don't be too sure that a hot, sexy man will be the answer.... All stress - both good and bad stress seems to speed things up in my case. Although the after effects of a night of stress with a hot, sexy man is probably worth it! lol :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back