Reason
Other
Country
BR
State
Bahia
City
Salvador
My problems started 6 months ago when I was using the mouse of my computer. I started to feel a kind of tired sensation in my right arm and after a time my right index finger started to twitch like crazy. After that I could not move this finger and it became weak for 2 minutes and after that it regained strengh. The next day that thing happened again and I went to a neurologist who (without any examination asked for a emg of my arms). The emg came back clean.
I have fasciculations on all my body and they are very frequent. I went to another neurologist and he did a neurological examination (babinsk, tendon reflexes, hoffman, pronator drift, walk on toes, heels, tested strengh) and said it was all normal and that I have no sigh of motor neuror damage.
One month later I went to another neurologist who looked at my emg and made another neurological examination. he said it was normal. and that I don't have als.
I feel a disconfort on my right index finger and when I make force with it, it tenses up and quiver for a few seconds. I started tooking phenytoin to get rid of the fasciculations and the problem with my finger twithing was solved after this (the fasciculations did not responded).
I went to another neurologist yesterday and he made another neurological exam and said it was normal but for put me in peace he would ask for another emg.
I have a dynamometer at home and I can get 54kg with my left hand and 62kg with my right hand.

Resume:
Frequent widespread fasciculations on all over my body.
My right arm get tired fast and my right index finger tends to quiver when I apply force with it. A permanent fatigue sensation on my right hand.
One clean emg. 3 clean neurological examinations with 3 different neurologists.
The hand I feel the fatigue have a stronger grip than the other.

I am terrified about the possibility that I have als and I liked to know if someone with this disease on this forum started like this way.

You have hypochondria not ALS.

If you are worried about those symptoms and ALS...please google my crap and then you wont be scared anymore.

You are not even in the same boat as MND sweety. Stay off Dr. Giggles :)

I had 2 emgs today and they where clean. I thought the neurologist had missed something on the first and I went and did the second on another clinic.
You are right, I am a hypocondriac. ALS is not the first disease I thought I have got. After these 2 clean EMGs today, I now am free of the ALS fear. (I already had a Chron's disease fear, a ulcerative colitis fear, a testicular cancer fear, a esofageal cancer fear, AIDS fear). I have lost many years of my life because of this.

I can imagine how you are suffering for being diagnosed with this condition.
There are so many terrible diseases in this world and nobody (even the worst person in the world) deserves to get them.
You who got this disease and are trying to live as fully as possible with it are truly heroes. I hope a cure or at least a effective treatment will be found soon enough for you because you all deserve it.
Good luck for you all.
God bless you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back