Other
Country
US
State
mi
City
farm hls
Hi everyone,
back again and have a quick question...the last few days I have noticed that both my legs are somewhat shaky, and they seem to get tired when walking up stairs. From what I've read, weakness associated with als usually starts in one limb then spreads to others. I have had widespread fasciculations since june of 2009 but no real limb weakness till this, but it definitely started at the same time, in my quads. Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts about weakness starting in opposite limbs at the same time. Thank you
Katina

also, the last EMG I had was the first week of august and was normal

Hi.
I have also had very symmetrical weakness(really more exercise intolerance like stairs and walking around, feeling off balance) in both thighs for what I can recall is about 2 or 3 months. I also have developed twitches just about everywhere including feet and shoulders. I also feel like I have less exercise type tolerance all over.
I went to a neuro who did the basic tests and sent me on my way and was confident no EMG needed. (I am diagnosed with nothing). GP had already run every reasonable chemical test.
I doubt this is much help to you, but from most things I read (which is too much!) this would be an odd way for it to present itself.(Thighs and symmetrical).
They are telling me it is most likely stress, and I have to agree I have begun to have panic attacks and such and Ativan definitely seems to lessen the twitches.

That's about all I can offer

Thank you patsfan, it seems like we have very similar symptoms. Its great that you had a good neuro exam, hopefully your symptoms will resolve themselves. I keep waiting for mine too. The weakness ( if thats what it is) that ive been experiencing, its definitely both my legs, but yesterday was worse in the left leg, and today the right more so. I don't know if this is common. I guess time will tell. Does anyone else have any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back