Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Myers
I was just wondering if any of your PALS are night owls? My husband stays up so late into the wee hours of the morning. He says that he feels the best at night and doesn't want that feeling to end. I can't blame him there! I just hate to see him getting his nights and days mixed up. The other night, he didn't go to bed until 6:00 AM. He then slept until 1:00 PM. Last night, I came out of the bedroom at 4:30 AM and he was sitting in the chair with his head tilted over, asleep, food in his hand...he had fallen asleep while eating. I woke him up and got him to go to bed...where he belongs at that hour:!:

Do any of your PALS also feel their best at night? Mornings are the worst time for my husband. If any PALS are reading this, please feel free to jump in here...

Haven't heard of that one before!

I know my husband will stay up late sometimes, but it is usually because he has taken medication to help with his energy level. My husband usually sleeps late or gets up and goes to the recliner for an hour or two. Mornings are not good for him either.

He may be dealing with this in his own way (perhaps he's a little depressed?). Just a thought...

I am a PALS who usually stays up late because it is the time of day when I'm not bothered by anyone else and I can do my reading and posting to the forum and emails. We have a small business which we operate out of our basement so there is usually lots of activity here during the day. If I don't get up until 10 or so then it works for me. Also I usually give myself a tube feed at 10 or 11 at night I can't go to bed right away. And I've always been a night owl anyway. :lol:

I used to stay up until 4,5 am when I could put myself to bed. It was quieter, no interruptions and there were always people on the forums to answer. Now the wife has to lift me everywhere so I'm a 12 to 12:30 guy. I used to get up late but now home care comes at 9am so midnite works. If I could I'd still be up late.

AL.

I used to be a be a night owl but with the scheduled nighttime sedation and caregivers times, everything is a scheduled routine.
Patsy

For me (PALS) i have a had time sleeping. I get about 3-4 hour block of sleep 11-2ish, i get sore from sleeping in one postion they have steve move me once except last night 3 times :( then i lay there waiting for him to get up. little cat naps 20mins at a time. we are up at 5-6am. If i don't go to bed and he falls asleep on the couch i'd be screwed sitting until he comes to bed.

:razz::razz::razz::razz:Add me to the night-owl group, same thing for me, I feel the best late at night, and same thing, I do not want to go to bed and ruin it. I sleep really late, and that is something my husband does not like, he is really a early bird, and I drive him crazy.. I tell him I think my Motor neuron's are confused, and I really do believe this is true

Yep, me too, I'm a chronic nite owl, but have always been, except when raising my family. And I'm married to a really early bird. Opposites attract! I figure that when I need help getting into bed I'll have to change my ways, so I'm enjoying my late nites while I can.:lol:

Thanks for all the replies! My husband has always been a night person, but not anything like the night owl he's recently become. He even said today that he hates the schedule he's been on lately. He really doesn't like waking up at 11:30-12:00. Hopefully tonight he can get to bed by midnight..that's still late (in my book) I'm an early bird. I go to bed early and get up early. I guess opposites do attract!

I cant even count the number of times I would look out the window , see a glimpse of a sunrise , and think ... damn .. I better get some sleep, I have to work in 4 hrs.

I cant do that anymore. No more online gaming until the wee hours. I know there is no substitute for sleep , but 4 hours of intense gaming took all of the stress out of me.

Been a night-owl since a teenager.

Glen

My fiance's always been a night owl so it's not a big change for him, but he seems to stay up later these days. I find myself staying up later just to enjoy the time with him. He seems to have the hardest times early in the day so I can understand his wanting to keep going once he gets into his groove and feels a bit more his "normal".

Makes early work mornings for me tough though!

I too find myself up a lot until the wee hours of the day...I believe it's due to multiple reasons, many mentioned already...medications and related appropriate mealtimes...depression...feel best during wee hours. There are cons...off schedule with my husband, daughter and most other folk..exhaustion if I have to get up/out for a medical or other appointment...guilt if I disturb my husband and more guilt when he has to go to work at 5:45...I suspect this will change when he has to put me to bed...I already struggle a bit getting settled with the Bi-Pap.
Thanks everyone for sharing...I thought I was in the minority regarding this habit..I'll share this with my husband and daughter...they often express concern and question why...It's now 3:30 am and I am tired and know that I'm rambling a bit..sorry.

Ever since my husband took his fall on June 27th, I've been getting him to go to bed between 10-11 PM. He's not thrilled about it, but for safety reasons, it's the way it's got to be. I'm too afraid to leave him be while I'm sleeping.

I shouldn't drink so much coffee. I'd probably be able to get to sleep at a reasonable hour if I didn't have coffee after dinner. I confess - I am an addict... coffee is my friend. We say hello to each other in the morning and good night to each other in the morning.
(sigh...)

Zaphoon

Senegal, Oh how I know what you are saying. I first read your 3:30 am post at 1:30 am my time this morning as I was heading to bed but was too tired to respond then. Like you, there are a bunch of reasons why I find myself up late wit the main one being trying to fit all of my feedings into a day. I too feel guilty about disturbing my wife and the rest of the family when I come to bed, it is a good thing that she is a heavy sleeper at least at that time of the night and that I am a heavy sleeper when she gets up early. If I know that I have to get up early the next day I can and do go to bed early but as a rule I rarely go to bed before midnight. So if you find yourself up late and want to post I will probably be here (especially when I am 2 hours behind you) so ramble on....:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back