Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
NY
City
Queensbury
I feel so very alone tonight. Its so eye opening when bad things happen because you see who truly cares....for me, as far as friends go that means no one. I'm just so hurt because I have always been there for people when they need me but when I need someone I look around and there is no one there.

The solitary life takes some getting used to.
This forum has a blog for your account. Maybe it's a good time to just start typing and see what comes out.

Have you e-mailed your closest friends and said just that (well, not quite)? Can't hurt. They may not realize the extent of your need, or what they could do to help.

Hi Jenny, I know exactly how you feel. I have had a very rough couple of weeks and feel alone too. Just know that you are not alone. You have the eyes and hearts of everyone here. There are so many of us that struggle with this monster and it's so scary and takes so much from us but we are not alone and we are understood. Great friends are here to listen anytime.

ALS is an incredibly isolating disease, I found that a very hard one to live with.

hugs, we are here for what it's worth xxx

No, I haven't emailed them about the extent of my need because the extent of my need isn't anything unusual or extraordinary. These friends haven't even text once in 6 weeks since I told them to say how are you or how is your mom? I think thats complete crap, I think that you shouldn't have to ask for something that small from people you have known for years.

Jenny - it seems to be a sad but true fact, friends disappear. Mostly I think they are afraid. They don't know what to say to do, so they do neither. You could txt them and just say hey, it's my mom that's sick, not me. I'm still alive and I still very much need you in my life. I know we should not have to, and I know it crap, but maybe if you do they'll see that you're still you.

Honestly I'm wondering if its even worth it to reach out. I've never been a people person, I've always kept to myself , I'm not that great with people because I have a hard time making small talk and I am honest to a fault at times. But when I do have friends I am very loyal and will do anything for them but it seems it doesn't go both ways and I end up feeling hurt. So I'm wondering if it is even worth it to reach out, maybe some people can be okay without friends.

Jenny, I almost lost a very good friend because I didn't respond to her calls or emails. I'm so grateful that she told my husband that she was ready to give up, and that she forgave me when I called her. There may be among your friends someone who needs to know that you do need him or her. You have us, but I hope you are able to also keep some of those other friends in your life.
Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back