Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
Bruce is Bulbar, and having bad coughing problems, and the mucus seems like is just gobs of it. We are using the cough assist machine, and the suction maching, scopolamine patches, we have tried the mucinex, prescription cough syrup...none seems to be helping too much. I got a nebulizer today for him to help break this stuff up, but because of being bulbar, he can't close his lips around the end of it, so I don't think he is getting any of it. Any suggestions?

Joni you might try a mask with it. We used mask for little ones with their asthma. I have even held the mouth device right under their noses to breath it in that way. I hope this can help.

I would also suggest a mask may be easier. Also even if you don't think he is getting a lot because he can't put his lips around it he is still getting some of it and its better then nothing at all. Good Luck!

Joni, yes use a mask. The one I use comes as a package, mask, nebulizer cup and hose.

If you are using any kind of bi-pap you can get a fitting that will run the neb into the bi pap mask. We called it power loading. it made a huge difference. When it is hard to inhale you don't get much medicine in with just the neb. hooking it into the bi-pap will help get it deeper into the lungs.
Penny1(penny for your thoughts) aka Sherri

Husband earned his wings 6/7/11

We have a BiPap, may try that or get the mask like Barry has. Thanks Yall:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back