Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Naperville
I live in Naperville, Illinois, lost my dad to ALS in March, and am an R.N. If there is anyone in my area in need of caregiving assistance, I am willing to help. Just puttin' it out there.

Debbie

you, my dear, are a sweetheart to even think of doing this, let alone offer to do it.
Very sorry you lost your dad.

Debbie...the gift you are offering will be a lifesaver to a family dealing with ALS. Can you move to Saratoga..HA! I am sorry for the loss of your Dad..but grateful that you are continuing to help families currently in the trenches.

Debbie... I've never met you but... you're awesome! Thank you.

Aww geez. There are lots of you that I wish I lived closer to! I guess "virtual HUGS" will have to do for now!

Debbie

I agree- what an amazing gift! Virtual group hug!

I am with all of you in spirit, if not "in body" as I wish I could be, blast it. Bless you all for the care you are giving!

Debbie

Hi Debbie, Sorry to hear about your dad. I live in Naperville as well and have ALS. One of my sisters is staying with us until after Christmas to provide caregiving. Then she will be returning to Boston. We may need some assistance after that. Thanks Jim

Oh Jim, I am so sorry you have had to become a part of this forum but you will find a ton of great people here. You can ask questions, vent, or whatever. I got a lot of comfort here when my dad was sick and as you see, I am still coming back! I can't offer full time help but I can sure help out in some kind of capacity if you need it. I'd love to meet you some time.

Debbie

Debbie,
I have had on and off problems with whatever it is I have for the better part of the last four years. I have had several MRI's in the past three years with absolutely no diagnosis. My symptoms will flare up and then for the most part disappear in a month or two. Each time my symptoms come back they seem to get worse and worse. My main symptoms are a strange tired sensation in my hands and legs and pressure in the back of my head. It almost feels as though I have to concentrate very hard to do daily activities that shouldn't be difficult. In addition I feel very dizzy at times and get a crawling feeling in my calves. My symptoms seem to become much worse in the winter months when the temperature goes down and I am getting viruses more frequently but then completely disappear. I simply don't know where to turn and feel very depressed about what is happening to me. I am not well but no doctors seem to believe me. Please help me! If you have any information or advice let me know. Thanks!

You do not "have the symptoms" of ALS. ALS symptoms do not come and go, they only progress. Sensory symptoms are not a part of ALS.

What are the symptoms? Do you have any idea what this could be? My legs and arms feel weak and rubbery and they also tend to cramp up when I do any work. Can you tell me what a definitive symptom would be? I hope you're right. Sorry for the questions but I just want to get to the bottom of this. I have been a very healthy person until these things started happening to me and I am just vey concerned.

Hi Debbie...so sorry to hear about your dad. I know you are still hurting.....but offering to help others is such a good way of healing. You are a treasure......someone will be very lucky to have you help them in their journey....God Bless.....Laurie xo

Thanks Debbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back