OT creating a support group....I need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGill

Hello all,

I am an Occupational therapy student at a university in Ontario. I have taken an interest in helping people who have ALS and their caregivers. I friend of mine has a husband who was diagnosed 5 years ago and has stressed that there is not a lot of caregiver support in the area we live in. I was hoping to create a support group for caregivers and their families of people who have ALS. If I can do a good job I will give the protocol to the society or try to implement it myself (when I graduate). I was hoping that some of you guys could give me some insight as to what topics you feel should be addressed in such a group. Anything you feel is important is great feedback.

Thank you so much for reading this. I would really like to help out as much as I can and I feel that this might be a good way to start

Thanks again
TMG

Last edited by a moderator:
TGill,

Thank you for your interest in developing an ALS support group. Because you are in Ontario, I am going to forward your contact information on to the ALS Society of Ontario so they can put you in contact with the appropriate regional manager. Please e-mail me at [email protected] your e-mail address, city in which you live, and your phone number. I will forward it to someone who will provide further contact. If you prefer, you can call me at 416-497-2267, x230.

Regards,
Jane McCarthy
Director of Services and Education
ALS Society of Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back