Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
In the Land of Cotton
City
Way Down South
My husband's wheelchair was ordered today - a Permobile C400 Corpus. Anybody have any information about it? The VA really didn't give us a choice, but it seems good.

I have a permobil c300 it will be delivered next week, I test drove it and it was awesome I think the c400 is just a little bigger. I think your husband will be pleased.
Judy

Permobil is suppose to be the most reliable. I will be ordering a C300 as soon as Medicare kicks in. The C400 is a nice chair, a bit bigger than the C300, just make sure to get the tilt, recline and if you can the seat elevator. If the VA is anything like Medicare you can get a new chair every 5 years, that's a long time and a lot can happen as far as progression so get as many options on the chair as the VA will allow, or that you want to pay for. Go to the Permobil web site to read about the chair.

Jim

Missy, based on earlier threads, one of which I started, I think you've got the best chair ordered for your husband. My Invacare TDX SP is wonderful unless it quits. It's what I wanted, and I've just erased what followed that phrase. I'd use a "grimace" smiley if there was one... maybe there is. Anyway, you've done well by your husband, in my opinion.

Sounds nice. I don't know about that particular model, but from experience, make sure the wheels have a 'crosscut' for good traction on ramps, etc. Also, if you are in the market for a wheelchair van, ask about the % of angle on the ramp. I found lots of good info on the topic by searching and asking. Hope this helps!

Good luck with it and hope it arrives soon!

It has been ordered with tilt, recline, lift and everything else the PT tech could get. She was really great. She let my husband test drive a bunch of chairs, gave her opinion and helped him choose. I'm not sure how often the VA lets you get a chair. She was helping him pick as though it were his "permanent" chair.

That is the chair my husband has. It is a great chair! I think you both will be pleased.

After being denied by medicare for a chair I contacted the scooter store and they have been great to my mom. They don't see any reason for her not to get a chair so she met with a rep yesterday, got all measurements taken and hopefully will have her chair in a few weeks.

Dana

After being denied by medicare for a chair I contacted the scooter store and they have been great to my mom. They don't see any reason for her not to get a chair so she met with a rep yesterday, got all measurements taken and hopefully will have her chair in a few weeks.

Dana

why did they denie it

I am not sure, we were notified last week that it had been denied. I wasn't going to waste anymore time trying to explain to them there is one other person in our same area with the same name as my mothers. They have been confused with that issue, the other person had a car accident and had a claim for that and they had put that under my mothers info. I had tried to correct this for about 6 months and finally found someone to handle it for my mother. I am sure that had something to do with it, the people from the scooter store are wonderful and are handling all of the paper work for her.

Dana

oh ok is the scooter chair she is going to get be as good as a wheel chair one do they have different kinds , and if you have to pay them go after them to refund you

It is a Quantum power chair with all of the extras she will need. They seem to be very thorough about making sure you have everything on it you will need now and in the future. The rep that talked to my parents yesterday didn't seem to think it it would be a problem getting accepted for payment through medicare. I guess they are getting the mix up fixed. If something happens my husband and I have decided we would get it for her no matter what we have to do. My mother deserves all of the happiness she can get and I will do everything I can to make sure it happens.

Dana

thats the way a great daughter thinks she is blessed to have you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back