Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
City
Brunswick
I don't think lol covers this - I was crying!

(of course may be because it is 2am & I have 5 1/2 hrs work left)

1. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door on to neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw Tee shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Call fire department to retrieve the damn cat from across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie the little *@!%#'s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How To Give A Dog A Pill

1. Wrap it in bacon.

2. Toss it in the air.

lol , lol, lol, lol

OMG! ROTHFLMAO and snorting like crazy! Great one!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Welaughed so hard! We've had some weird times w/ pills and animals but that takes the cake!

I actually had to stop reading that because I was laughing too hard to breathe and I don't want to wear out my diaphragm. You need to post a warning: Danger, excessive humor!

That is great! Been there , done that. Best bet, wrestle into cat cage and take to the vet. They can get paid to get sliced.

Omg I am crying it's so funny because Iv'e been there .Took my cat to the vet with eye problems once & the tech said let me take her temp.& I was holding her with my jacket on when she put the thermometer in her butt she bite me on the arm through the jacket 6 times.Had to getA tetanus shot,which made me sick & couldn't go to work, but no stitches.I was mad.now when they want to do anything to her I tell them get the muzzle or YOU will get bite.YOU MADE MY DAY WITH THIS STORY.
SHARON

This is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

That said, I must add that giving my dog a pill is not so simple. I tried wrapping it in turkey (his favourite) and he ate the turkey and spat out the pill. I tried hiding it in his food, bought the pill pockets... same deal, he ate the food and left the pill behind. I had to buy the medicine in liquid form and shoot the medicine in his mouth with a syringe but then any time he saw me get near the medicine or the syringe he ran and hid under the bed. That crafty little bugger hates the taste of medicine!

Sooooo true. and too funny! Our cat has seasonal allergies. I hate to say it, but much of the time we just let him itch until his ears are flaming pink inside and then its to the vet for an allergy shot. The cat is a drama queen anyway. In seriousness, FYI some cat meds can be made up in liquid form with a good "cat" taste, such as chicken or fish flavor.

Rosella, Ernie has been a joy in that he's very typical dog, will eat almost anything. Hope he never outgrows it.

p.s. The cat loves pill pockets without the pill inside :)

What's even more fun is having more than I cat to do that to. Get the pill down one cat (after afore mentioned cat wrestling match). Put him down and get the next one. Give it the pill( with wrestling match). They both go in the other room. You hear vomiting noises. You get to the other room in time to see them both looking at a pill on the floor. Along comes the dog and eats it. Now the question is who do you give the pill too?
By the way the dog won't eat her pills either. But loves to eat the cat's. (Who said German shepards are smart?)

It's not only cats and dogs! The last few times I've tried to take a pill by mouth with yogurt ... after 15 minutes of gagging, choking, running to the suction machine, regurgitating the yogurt up and down, up and down my throat, snorting the yogurt out my nose ... I finally am OK again, my b/p returns to normal, my throat is clear, I'm able to breathe again ... and then I notice the pill is stuck to the inside of my cheek.

My sympathies are all with the cat ! :lol:

Poor Beth! Can you crush it before it is added to the yogurt? That's what my mom does. Do you have anyone who can spend a day doing a crushing all of your pill? We used to take turns doing mom's before I moved.

Last edited:
This was a controlled release pill and said "do not crush." However, after the last time, I went ahead and crushed it and it works even better than before! (It is Ambien CR.) No more yogurt nose ... especially since I can't blow my nose any more!

See, what do they know? Glad to hear no more yogurt nose! Would be gross even if you could still blow it!

Thelma.. try the tried & true "3-treat method".... it's gotta something sticky. Tub margarine and p'nut butter are our 2 favorites. Give puppy the first one.. let her chew, munch and whatever else she needs to do to prove there's nothing hidden. Now here's the important part... hide pill in treat 2, then hold treats 2 & 3 at the same time, one in each hand. Make SURE doggie knows you have TWO treats! Hand her treat 2 while making a big deal that you have treat 3.. then QUICKLY give her treat 3. All but the most savvy dogs fall for this and swallow treat 2 with pill really fast so they can get to treat 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back