Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
This evening my husband told me he was losing his mind and that the ALS had really taken it's time with him. He told me it was not good to have it affect his mind and he would be going fast now.

I had to hold back tears...He told me not to tell anybody about his mind. I told him the truth.

Sadly, his realization that he has a cognitive problem made me feel better about the situation.

I am so sorry brooksea. At least he realizes it and told you. I can only imagine what you are going through. I know my husband as told me recently he is depressed He realizes I am not getting any better We are holding on to every day I know my progression has. Been fast. He is still throwing every thing he can at it. And praying. We are praying for you as well. Feel me hugging you. You cals have the worst of this I know. Love you
Felica

Such a heartbreaking disease you are dealing with, but it seems that you are doing the best you can for him. You are amazing, hang in there.

Such a sad and poignant story CJ. For him to realize that something is going on with his memory/mind, must be a reminder to you of how he was before all this started. What a damned horrible disease! Love and hugs to you.
Laurel

CJ you are one tuff lady, but I know this breaks your heart. Hugs are on their way!

O M G, you poor thing. It is so hard for Pals & Cals? Is there anything this fricking disease does not take? I know from your post you are an amazing person, I'M sorry :(

Im at least glad that he sees there are issues there... I guess the silver lining here is that he validated your concerns. Hopefully he will stay on the same page as you...
So sorry CJ. Hate this so much.

CJ, so sorry that he has realized that the ALS is affecting his mind. But also glad he knows it. When he has such clarity of thought you should get him to give you all the financial info that you need and power of attorney.

Maybe he will listen to you now when it comes to your son. I hope so. As always, my thoughts are with you.

just saying i care and giving you a hug

Me too CJ. Loving thoughts from Colorado.

With you in spirit CJ.

AL.

My heart is breaking for you! Peace.

CJ - so sorry. Thinking of you all every day. ALS is such a wicked disease to take every piece of you day by day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back