strikeout

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Brick
Was just wondering if anyone has been doing aqua therapy. If so, was it beneficial? My husband has a script for this. Another concern of his is how is he going to get into dry clothes afterward. Again, my sincere thanks for your help.

Was just wondering if anyone has been doing aqua therapy. If so, was it beneficial? My husband has a script for this. Another concern of his is how is he going to get into dry clothes afterward. Again, my sincere thanks for your help.

I dont know about proper aquatherapy, but I am guessing it will be wonderful, as I went swimming every morning when we were away in italy for a month. It did WONDERS for me. I am still mobile, but cant walk too far now, and stairs are really hard now...getting a stairlift fitted next month doh...dont WANT to use it...
Anyway...every morning I was SO stiff, but got into the pool for an hour of very gentle swimming and lots of walking in the water...it was wonderfull and made the rest of the day far more comfortable...took a lot of the stiffness out of my legs and I am sure it helped with my arms as well. Go for it... As for getting dry and dressed again, wont there be anyone to help....Hope it goes well. Jennifer51

This has been a lifesaver for my husband. We actually started last winter at a local therapy center. He feel so free in the pool. I had to assist him with getting ready for therapy and the whole shower routine after. Definitely time consuming. But, to see him able to move in the pool is amazing. We actually even purchased a pool lift for our own pool for this summer. I usually get him in (with a lifevest) for about 2 hours a day. I dread the winter. So, I say...go for it. Fondly, KR

I don't exactly know what aqua therapy entails and it may be good for some pALS. However, if you have a compromised diaphragm or bulbar symptoms, be very careful!

My husband tried to get in a 4' depth pool with my son, and he could barely breathe due to the pressure on his chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back