Is it possible to pass away at night while using a CPAP / BiPAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips Respironics makes the Trilogy which can be used as a BiPap or a vent. There are alarm parameters that can be set to summon your CALS if there is a problem and you are unable to communicate. It is portable on the back of a PWC and is good for traveling because of the battery. (Mine is attached with a couple of crampions on each side so that it easily articulates with my chair.) there are a variety of masks available. A Respiratory Therapist will help to select the mask type that is most comfortable. I use nasal pillows. I can wear my glasses to read, I can talk, and even drink while wearing them. Use your search to see photos on line of the variety of options that are available. You'll also find more info on the web about this particular model.

Thanks for replying. If you cannot communicate while you are on the Phillips, then my Dad will not agree to it.

I hope you don't mind me asking you. What should I do here? What would be the right thing?

It's your Dad's decision. You can help him make an informed choice by making sure that he has the best and most reliable information available and then supporting whatever choice he makes.

Check out a site by a Neuro nurse who is also a PALS....ALS from both sides dot org.
Have you seen the videos on you tube called The ABC's of ALS? It's a 3 part series and well worth watching
If he attends an ALS Clinic, the RT or Pulmonologist should be able to answer any questions he has
You can also search our archives for other discussions on these topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back