Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
trenton
hey my name is Lance and im a 17 year old male and my father was diagnosed with als when i was 12 and lived 5 years with the disease. Ive been expierencing random twitching through ought my whole body (usually my feet, arms and legs and sometimes even my head?..) but its usually in times in which my muscles are relaxed but its also followed by a pins and needle sensations and it also causes me to have random itches and ive even noticed some numbing that usually doesnt last more than a couple of minutes..i also noticed the twitching is worse in times of anxiety and when im stressed.. i know ALS can be hereditary but as far as i know or anyone else knows my father has been the only person to ever get it in the family. i would really like to know if this is normal or if its all just in my head? or if its even possible for me to get such a disease at my age.. or if i just shouldnt worry about whats going on with my body at all

Lance, from what you posted, I assume your father passed fairly recently and I'm so sorry for that. It's nothing that a young child/teenager needs to go thru.

Please, talk with your mom or a close family member about your symptoms. You need to see your family doctor, I am fairly certain it is anxiety related.

Please keep us updated. It breaks my heart when a young person has this much on their plate.

Ashley

Hi Lance- I am sorry to learn about your Dad. I bet you miss him! The first step is to get your Mom to take you to a good neurologists. They can tell you if the fasciculations are benign or not. Quite often they are. ALso, there is a test for the inherited form of ALS, but in your case it may never get to the point where you need to be tested. I'm betting that your symptoms are annoying but that you will be fine. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back