Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished reading J.R.Ward's newest book in her fallen angels series "Possession". Really liked it, she is one of my favorites. Like her black dagger brotherhood series too.

Sorry Venerable, I love trashy romance novels.

Ender's Game is good, though the sequels are less so.
Jack Chalker wrote a great series about a place called the Well World, if you like SciFi. Start with "Midnight at the Well of Souls"

If you like a lighter whodunnit read, try the Fletch series by Gregory MacDonald. If you have seen the movies with Chevy Chase and then read the books, you'll see how terribly miscasted he was. Start with "Fletch"

I am reading the Danielle Steel book THE SINS OF THE MOTHER. It's pretty good so far. I

I just started a book by Brenda Joyce "A Rose in the Storm". It is a Scottish highlander romance novel. I have read some of her other books and enjoyed them.

The Communist Manifesto by Marx and Engels. Plato's Republic. Thomas More's Utopia. May try Paradise Lost for fun (the rest are for work)

I am still reading trashy romance novels. Just finished "Love at first sight" by Lori Wilde. Very cute and romantic, makes one believe in love at first sight. :lol:

"The Secret Of Stalingrad" by Walter Kerr. I'm a history buff

I am reading one of my favorite authors Sandra Hill. She has a good sense of humor. " The Pirate Bride". Also reading Christmas cards.

I have not been reading lately, as I have been making lamps. My to read pile has gotten bigger. :sad:

i admit i'm never been a reader of books. when i'm stressed, i watch television.

but, i just began the 1st of the left behind series. i have to say, i've been searching for something like this for a very long time. i'm hoping this'll do it.

i just wish i had something to hold the book open with..i can still turn pages.

I am surprised not to have seen mention here of the greatest thing for readers who don't want to buy books.Public libraries are on top of the changes in the way we read. Do a search for your local library system (usually it is a county system. Hopefully your system will have downloads of eBooks and and audio books available.

I can only do audio books now and I can go to the library website, sign in with my library card number, and browse/search for every audio book in the county wide system. When I want a book I just click to place it on hold and select the branch I want to pick it up at. Then I can have anyone pick up my books for me when I get the email saying it is available. Much easier than going in and searching the stacks and certainly better than relying on someone else to chose books for me to read. I can renew books online too.

You can also get eBooks by downloading them! These are NEW books, free, for reading on your computer. Most can even be copied to a Kindle, Nook, iPOD or other device. Regardless of how you save them for reading, they expire in 14 days. You are limited to having 10 books checked out at a time but that does not include any books you check out from the physical library. You can see if the book is currently available for download and put it on hold if it is not. You will get an email when it is available. I have no idea how many libraries have this option, but it certainly is wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back