Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2022
Country
US
State
NY
yesterday i had a mishap while trying to get on the bedside commode and had a bad fall. had to get two staples in scalp.

how many days should i wait before shampooing? if i want to wash it this weekend, for example?

Sorry to hear about your fall. Don't do that. If that is not a safe transfer, it's not a safe transfer.

They should have specified that in the discharge instructions, but generally Friday would be fine so long as you don't rub the staples, don't let running water fall directly on them, and don't use any products with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. This presumes you aren't on blood thinners and don't have any clotting disorders.

And there is always dry shampoo...you can spray some on a damp washcloth, spread it everywhere but the staples and then comb out.

I'm sorry to hear about your your fall. I had 2 myself over a year ago. One catching my foot on a throw rug hitting my head on the dining room table, that one required 3 staples then a couple of months later getting out of bed and slipping on the carpet and catching my nightstand. That one was a little worse, I split my ear and cartilage open. That one required 12 stitches. After those I make sure I have my rollator to use and that my husband is standing next to me when I get out of bed.

I hope you heal soon and have no more falls.I was able to shower and gently wash my hair 2 days after getting the stitches.

i guess i had trouble with the turn. i hit my head on the bottom of the bookcase.

now i am on strict instructions to wake up spouse before exiting bed.

i forgot to say, yesterday my aide and i did a hair wash and it did not hurt at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back