Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I wrote in another thread, the bipap has to be set low enough to be comfortable. Otherwise, the mask has to be too tight, and it blows air into my stomach. VA Long Beach just doesn't get it yet.

I would be gone by now without the PEG. It takes about 15 minutes to load 8 oz of Boost+ and 150 ml of water chaser from the bag every couple of hours. This is my computer time. If strong enough to take the PEG insert, there is no excuse to lose weight. I take 2000-2400 calories every day, and have gained back 8 pounds of my 66 pounds loss prior the PEG.

Graybeard,
You or your CALS can adjust your own BiPAP so don't have to wait for the VA to "get it." Let me know if you need help doing so.

Sorry for the thread drift. Yes, Laurie, I left my email on your personal messages.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks Jim,We have a appointment on Oct.2nd for a consultation I will keep you posted.

Barbie, I'm new here but have been reading the postings trying to learn and prepare, and my heart really went out to you and your guy and all you were going through. It's so good to hear he's doing better, some help is on the way, and you may get some much needed rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back