Status
Not open for further replies.
Deb, When Steve was alive, Julien and I dreaded coming home. We were so scared to see what we find, what would have been lost that day. But we felt a lot of guilt for feeling this way. Counseling helped.

I wrecked my body taking care of Steve because he didnt want devices or tools to help, he wanted me. The physical work of hauling,loading and umloading,and doing everything was so hard on my body.I now get weekly deep tissue massages for my back. It has helped more than anything else. Like Becky's Matt, Steve wanted to go every time I had the time off. It was so difficult because I just needed rest. Your body will rebel more if you keep this pace up.

Guilt is a good remanant of our upbringing. We know, and you know, that you are doing everything possible to help Steve. I take double your zoloft dose. It helps me keep things in perspective and calm inside. I know the med issue is a debate but the stress is immense and you have to do this for you. I had increasing chest pain last fall into January. I had a full cardiac workup. Diagnosis....stress and anxiety.

You will live after als leaves your life. But you will be forever changed. Part of what will determine your quality of life after is how well you can take care of yourself now. Invest in yourself....a massage, a trip to a botanical garden for an afternoon, something. It will help immensely.

Thank you Steph. Your post is so helpful. I am calling the doctor tomorrow to make a appointment. I have to increase m meds and maybe I can slow my thoughts and actions down. I am taking some action to invest in myself and my future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back