Not open for further replies.

Morgan33

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
FR
HI There ! I'm 33 from France and I have read the stickies !

If I'm here, it's because I have symptoms that make me worried about ALS.

All my symptoms are on the right side of my body.I have a fatigue or burn sensation in my right arm, especially my shoulder that I did not have before. Now I get tired pretty fast while brushing my teeth, cooking etc It feels like my muscle is burning, like lactate acidity but happening for daily easy tasks. I have a heavyness feeling in my right thumb and soreness in my forearm and in my biceps and neck. I can't lift m'y arm behind my back like I used to.
My right leg as well has a problem, my leg feel heavy as hell while walking, and the more I walk, the heavier it gets, especially the knee and my calf. My calf feels crampy as well.

Those right sided symptoms scares me, and I don't have failure, but before failing, do you feel this kind of symptoms ? Can this be ALS ?

ALS generally does not present all at once on one side in all the different regions of the body, but that is the kind of thing where you want to look closely at your position in sleep, work, leisure and play, and think about how well your sides are supported equally. Sometimes if you get a new car, chair, need a new mattress, have a new pet that sleeps with you, lift a child frequently, etc. basically you can start to stiffen up in one area and the others sort of follow suit.

I would see your doctor who can baseline your strength and do a few tests to see if there is concern for a systemic illness or another treatable cause. If not, you are your own best detective.

Thank you very much for your time and your answer.

1/ So for you, it doesnt look like symptoms Als would give me or you have seen before ?

2/ Obviously now, I'm feeling crazy anxious, I've read threads and old threads in different sub forum. Could this be caused by anxiety ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back