Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Chesterfield
I am looking for a weekend aide for our son in northern Vermont. Does anyone know of any resources that might help in this search such as a local forum, group, organization, etc.? Thanks.

Did you check with his local ALSA chapter? Also, local community colleges with CNA, and other nursing programs may have students who want to earn while they learn. Word of mouth, church and civic groups, etc. Most of the skills can be learned on the job by people who are willing and physically able. When I first moved to my condo, I noticed postings on our bulletin board of people in the condo who did caregiving.
I hired a lady from my card group when I fell and couldn't walk.

Craigslist, care.com as well as long as you screen for criminal record, Google, and of course interview critically. You can post yourself at universities, etc. (any university, even without its own nursing program, has pre-nursing students) for a nominal fee and email trade schools for nothing.

I've had good luck with Care.com. Most applicants have been well qualified and I have hired three for various shifts, all of them now working for me regularly for the past 2 to 6 months. They've all worked out well. I think it's a good idea to be very specific in your ad about what the responsibilities will be and what kind of qualifications you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back