Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WI
City
Green Bay
Hi, I have a question about clinical trials . My husband has ALS and has been taking Riluzole 50 mg and Relyvrio 3-1 g pack . He would like to go in to a clinical trial but not sure where or how to begin it. I see there are some new drugs that seem hopeful but how do you get into them? I talked with Synapticure but they didn't seem like they try the new drugs at least that is how I understood it. This is all so confusing and so many it seems like. I don't want the time limit to run out for him. I talked with his doctor about it but haven't gotten a answer yet and its been a while . Any help with answers would be gratefully appreciated . Thanks

Hi as far as clinical trials go and meds if you take the rs they want you on a stable dose for 30 days prior to your first visit for the trial. Otherwise they have different criteria often breathing at 50-60 percent or better and symptoms less than 2-3 years. Other criteria are often set by the drug action.

Clinicaltrials.gov is a site where you can enter a condition ( spell out amyotrophic It will come up in the dropdown halfway through). You can specify recruiting/ notyet recruiting on that page. On the results page if you want you can specify interventional to weed out observational. For location you can do country or state or even city You might want to cast a wide net and see what is out there. Each listing will have a description the main criteria and a contact.

The Healey Platform trial has 40 plus sites. Not sure what is nearest you but it might be worth a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back