Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
New york
I went to my primary care physician I explained to him all my symptoms. Based on what I explained to him said it might be auto immune disease. He notices atrophy on my hands and neck. He decided to do blood work and scheduled me for a follow up the week after which is today. I just left his office and he said I’m clear from auto immune disease. But did mention that he can see muscle breaking through the blood work. So now he’s sending me to neurology. Here I am three years later going back to neurology. This still doesn’t sound like als to you guys? Because they already ruled out auto immune and he clearly sees atrophy in hands and neck?

You have been on this site posting for two years with 42 previous posts. Your EMG has been negative. You have been cleared of ALS. If you still have questions, you need to work with a neurologist. There’s really nothing more we can do to help you.

Yea two years later clearly much weaker, and visual atrophy? And this doesn’t sound like als? You guys don’t think anything of my symptoms related to als? Also I’ve read on a clean emg can still mean something further down the line? I guess I have to wait to my neurologist. This makes me very sad , thanks guys!

Yes, you will have to wait for your neurologist. Many of us understand the frustration of going through finding the right doctor and answers for symptoms. However, insisting strangers agree with you that it's ALS and being sarcastic with them when they don't is still not appropriate.

If doctors can't figure it out when you are actually being examined by them, and you have not shown the known constellation of patterns that indicate ALS, this forum can not help you. This is not willful obstruction on the part of people here, it just means the people here do not see ALS in your many posts. I will refer you back to the post pinned at the top of the DIHALS subforum. I direct you to the latter part that lists differentials and also the following two sections- When You're Wrong and Finally. https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html

Vera,

Your constant questions and second guessing of the forum members and neurlogists tell me that you think you know more than them. Honestly, If that is the case, why don't you just diagnose yourself with ALS and call it a day? No one thinks you have it but you. Plain and simple.

There's no need to ever come back here seeing as you second guess and disbelieve everything that has been told to you anyway. It will save you a lot of time and be much more respectful to the terminally ill members that have been patiently answering your posts for the past two years.

Take good care.

Thanks everyone and I apologize if I’ve made anyone feel like I second guest you guys answering my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back